Sophie Turner (actress)
Turner at the 2015 San Diego Comic-Con International.
21 February 1996
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
Sophie Turner (born 21 February 1996) is an English actress. Turner is best known for her role as Sansa Stark on the HBO fantasy television series Game of Thrones, which earned her a Young Artist Award nomination for Best Supporting Young Actress in a TV Series. She has also starred in the television film The Thirteenth Tale (2013).
Turner was born in Northampton, Northamptonshire. She moved to Chesterton, Warwickshire when she was two years old. She attended Warwick Prep School until she was 11, and later attended The King's High School for Girls. Turner has been a member of the theatre company Playbox Theatre Company since she was three years old. Turner has two older brothers, and stated in an interview with The Telegraph that "My childhood was pretty fun. We had pigsties, barns and a paddock, and used to muck around in the mud." Turner had a tutor on the set of Game of Thrones until the age of 16, sending homework back to her teachers at school. She achieved five A and four B grades at GCSE.
Since 2011, Turner has portrayed Sansa Stark, a young noblewoman, in the HBO fantasy drama series Game of Thrones. Sansa is her first television role. Turner's drama teacher encouraged her to audition for the part, and she dyed her blonde hair auburn for the role. In 2012, she was nominated for the Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series – Supporting Young Actress for her performance as Sansa. To date, Turner has appeared in all five broadcast seasons. In 2013, Turner played the lead role in the independent thriller film Another Me, based on the novel of the same name by Catherine MacPhail. She also starred as Adeline March in the 2013 television film The Thirteenth Tale.
In 2013, she was cast in the comedy film Barely Lethal, alongside American actress Hailee Steinfeld, which was released on 29 May 2015 in select theatres and on video on demand.  Turner also narrated the audiobook version of the Lev Grossman short story The Girl in the Mirror, which was included in the short fiction anthology Dangerous Women, and was edited by George R.R. Martin. On 12 August 2014, Deadline reported that Turner had been cast in the upcoming biopic Mary Shelley's Monster, portraying the title character Mary Shelley. On 22 January 2015, Turner was cast as Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse, due out in 2016. Turner learned archery in preparation for the role.
|2013||Another Me||Fay Delussey|
|2015||Barely Lethal||Heather||In select theaters and video-on-demand|
|2016||X-Men: Apocalypse||Jean Grey||Filming|
|2016||Mary Shelley's Monster||Mary Shelley|
|2011–present||Game of Thrones||Sansa Stark||TV series (main role)|
|2013||The Thirteenth Tale||Young Adeline March||Television film|
Awards and nominations
|2011||Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Game of Thrones||Nominated|
|2011||Scream Award for Best Ensemble||Nominated|
|2012||Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series – Supporting Young Actress||Nominated|
|2013||Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Nominated|
- "Interview with Sophie Turner". Winter-is-coming.net. 31 March 2011. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Catherine Vonledebur (16 August 2013). "Leamington Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner enjoying her rise to fame". Coventry Telegraph. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- Catherine Vonledebur (13 April 2015). "Game of Thrones's Sophie Turner: 'I’ve grown up with Sansa Stark - I really feel what she feels'". The Telegraph. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- Hibberd, James (19 March 2013). "'Game of Thrones': Sophie Turner on fans bashing Sansa". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- Nguyen, Hanh (9 June 2011). "Game of Thrones' Sophie Turner: Sansa Has Been Manipulated by Joffrey". TV Guide. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- [http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/sophie-turner-barely-lethal- movie/ "'Game Of Thrones' Star Sophie Turner Joins 'Barely Lethal'"]. Deadline. 10 October 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "'Game Of Thrones' Sophie Turner Set For 'Mary Shelley’s Monster' Opposite Jeremy Irvine, Taissa Farmiga". Deadline. 12 August 2014.
- "Giedroyc's "Mary Shelley's Monster" Places Chokers on Farmiga, Irvine & Sophie Turner". Ion Cinema. 13 August 2014.
- Singer, Bryan (January 22, 2015). "Bryan Singer on Twitter: Meet our new and brilliant young mutants: @Alexshipppp as #Storm @SophieT as #JeanGrey and @TyeSheridan as #Cyclops. #XmenApocalypse". Twitter. Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- "'X-Men Apocalypse' Cast Photo: Sophie Turner Prepares For Jean Grey Role By Imitating Jennifer Lawrence Character Katniss Everdeen". Design & Trend. June 17, 2015. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sophie Turner (actress).|