South Hackensack School District
|South Hackensack School District|
South Hackensack, NJ 07606
|Business administrator||Dina Messery|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||361 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||CD|
South Hackensack School District is a community public school district serving students in kindergarten through eighth grade from South Hackensack, in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. The South Hackensack School District serves South Hackensack, and had previously also served students from Teterboro, who had attended the district as part of a sending/receiving relationship. Teterboro, a non-operating district was merged into the Hasbrouck Heights School District following its dissolution on July 1, 2010.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Students in public school for ninth through twelfth grades attend Hackensack High School as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Hackensack Public Schools, together with students from Maywood and Rochelle Park. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 1,815 students and 135.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 13.4:1.
Memorial School had an enrollment of 251 students as of the 2014-15 school year.
- Greg Maceri, Superintendent / Principal
- Dina Messery, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for South Hackensack School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Staff. "GUIDE TO SCHOOL ELECTIONS -- TETERBORO ", The Record (Bergen County), April 4, 2001. Accessed September 4, 2008. "Teterboro sends its students to South Hackensack schools and has a three-member board that prepares its annual school budget."
- Graham, Dr. Aaron R. Bergen County Report on Consolidation and Regionalization, Bergen County Executive County Superintendent, March 15, 2010. Accessed June 15, 2011. "Hasbrouck Heights (PK-12) and Teterboro (non-op): The two districts will form the newly merged district of Hasbrouck Heights with Teterboro, a non-operating district scheduled for elimination on July 1, 2010."
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 24, 2014.
- Tarrazi, Alexis. "Agreement reached between Maywood, Hackensack ", Hackensack Chronicle, March 9, 2012. Accessed November 24, 2014. "The Maywood school district has been sending its students to Hackensack High School for decades and currently sends 250 students. The high school also serves about 120 students from Rochelle Park and 80 students from South Hackensack, according to The Record.
- South Hackensack School District 2016 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed August 4, 2017. "Our graduating eighth grade students have qualified for honors/accelerated courses at Hackensack High School."
- School data for Hackensack High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- School Data for the South Hackensack School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Office of the Superintendent, South Hackensack School District. Accessed November 24, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Bergen County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Business Office, South Hackensack School District. Accessed November 24, 2014.
- District website
- South Hackensack School District's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the South Hackensack School District, National Center for Education Statistics