Spider performing in June 2014
|Birth name||Michael David Cummings|
|Also known as|
|Born||August 25, 1968|
Haverhill, Massachusetts, U.S.
Michael David Cummings (born August 25, 1968), better known as Spider One, is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, and director. He is the founder and only consistent member of the rock band Powerman 5000 and the owner of Megatronic Records. He created the horror/black comedy mockumentary series Death Valley, which aired on MTV for one season in 2011.
Michael David Cummings was born on August 25, 1968 in Haverhill, Massachusetts, the second of two sons. His older brother, Robert Bartleh Cummings (born January 12, 1965), is better known as musician and film director Rob Zombie. Contrary to popular belief, Cummings stated that there has never been a sibling rivalry between him and his brother, neither personally nor musically. In 1991, Cummings dropped out of art school, bought a cheap 4-track home studio and drum machine and recorded Much Evil with producer Lamar Lowder. Building on local success, Spider One's band Powerman 5000 was born.
- True Force (1994)
- The Blood-Splat Rating System (1995)
- Mega!! Kung Fu Radio (1997)
- Tonight the Stars Revolt! (1999)
- Anyone for Doomsday? (2001)
- Transform (2003)
- Destroy What You Enjoy (2006)
- Somewhere on the Other Side of Nowhere (2009)
- Copies Clones & Replicants (2011)
- Builders of the Future (2014)
- New Wave (2017)
|2011||Death Valley||Producer||12 Episodes|
- DiVincenzo, Alex (November 2, 2009). "Spider One Interview". Horror-101.com. Archived from the original on October 7, 2011. Retrieved August 24, 2010.
- mulatschag. "I hit ROB ZOMBIE with a Trashcan!". YouTube. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
|This article about a United States rock singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|