|Birth name||Michael David Cummings|
|Also known as||
August 25, 1968 |
Haverhill, Massachusetts, U.S.
Michael David Cummings, better known by his stage name Spider One, (born August 25, 1968) is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer, director and the founder and only consistent member of the Boston-based nu metal band Powerman 5000, host of FEARnet.com's "on the fly," and owner of Megatronic Records. His most notable hit to-date has been "When Worlds Collide", featured on Tonight the Stars Revolt!.
Spider is the brother of musician and filmmaker Rob Zombie. He hopes to enter the field of filmmaking as well. Spider's television series Death Valley aired on MTV in 2011. Rob and Spider's styles have often been a source for comparison.
Michael David Cummings was born in Haverhill, Massachusetts, he is the second of two sons. His older brother, Robert Bartleh Cummings, was born on January 12, 1965 and is better also known as Rob Zombie, musician and film director. Contrary to popular belief, Cummings stated that there has never been a sibling rivalry between him and his brother, neither personally nor musically.
In 1991, Cummings dropped out of art school, bought a cheap 4-track home studio and drum machine and recorded Much Evil with producer Lamar Lowder. Building on local success, Spider One's band Powerman 5000 was born.
- True Force (1994)
- The Blood-Splat Rating System (1995)
- Mega!! Kung Fu Radio (1997)
- Tonight the Stars Revolt! (1999)
- Anyone for Doomsday? (2001)
- Transform (2003)
- Destroy What You Enjoy (2006)
- Somewhere on the Other Side of Nowhere (2009)
- Copies Clones & Replicants (2011)
- Builders of the Future (2014)
|2011||Death Valley||Producer||12 Episodes|
- DiVincenzo, Alex (November 2, 2009). "Spider One Interview". Horror-101.com. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- mulatschag. "I hit ROB ZOMBIE with a Trashcan!". YouTube. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
|This article about a United States rock singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|