This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Live Album by Porcupine Tree|
|Released||Cassette: April, 1994
Vinyl: February, 1997
|Recorded||4 December 1993
6 December 1993
7 December 1993
|Genre||Progressive rock, psychedelic rock, space rock|
|Porcupine Tree chronology|
Vinyl reissue on Chromatic
Spiral Circus is the name of the first live album by British psychedelic rock/progressive rock band Porcupine Tree from their first tour ever. The tracks were recorded directly from the mixing desk in three different locations of England during December, 1993. The first half of the album was taken from the shows in the BBC and Borderline, London, and the second half from The Nag's Head, High Wycombe.
Spiral Circus was first released in 1994 on cassette only. This tape was given away free to subscribers of the Transmission information service. It was then reissued on vinyl in 1997 limited to 500 copies. Both editions are deleted at the present.
Despite the fact that the track is not included, the album name is a reference to a section in the song "The Sky Moves Sideways Phase 1".
- "Burning Sky" - BBC / Borderline, London (11:02)
- "Voyage 34" - Borderline, London (5:32)
- "Always Never" - BBC (6:28)
- "Radioactive Toy" - High Wycombe (9:58)
- "Up the Downstair" - High Wycombe (7:15)
- "Not Beautiful Anymore" - High Wycombe (8:58)
- Steven Wilson - guitar, vocals
- Richard Barbieri - keyboards, electronics
- Colin Edwin - bass
- Chris Maitland - drums, backing vocals
- "Steven Wilson -The Complete Discography (7th Edition), p. 32" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-03-23.