St. John the Baptist Church (Pawtucket, Rhode Island)
St. John the Baptist Church
|Location||Pawtucket, Rhode Island|
|Area||1.2 acres (0.49 ha)|
|NRHP reference #||83003855 |
|Added to NRHP||November 18, 1983|
Built in 1925-27, it is very similar to Notre Dame De Guadalupe Church in Montreal, also designed by Canadian architect Ernest Cormier. The church is most notable for its particularly lavish interior, which features ceiling artwork by Jean Desauliers and stained glass windows by Maumejeans Frères of Paris.
- Catholic Church in the United States
- Catholic parish church
- Index of Catholic Church articles
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- Pastoral care
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- http://christusvincit.blogspot.com/2008/08/another-tale-of-two-churches.html Another Tale of Two churches
- "Historic Resources of Pawtucket (PDF pages 146-148)" (PDF). Rhode Island Preservation. Retrieved 2014-11-19.
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in Providence County, Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|