|Born||17 December 1970|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Hair colour||Light brown|
|Agency||DNA Model Management (New York) |
VIVA Model Management (Paris, London, Barcelona)
Mega Model Agency (Hamburg)
Stella Tennant (born 17 December 1970) is a British model. The granddaughter of Andrew Cavendish, 11th Duke of Devonshire and Deborah Mitford, one of the well-known aristocratic siblings, the Mitford sisters, Tennant was born in Scotland and attended St Leonards School in St Andrews. Her parents are The Hon. Tobias William Tennant, son of the 2nd Baron Glenconner, and Lady Emma Cavendish.
In 1993, she attracted the attention of photographers such as Steven Meisel and Bruce Weber and soon achieved success as a fashion model, posing for magazines such as French, British and Italian Vogue as well as Harper's Bazaar and Numero.
Tennant studied sculpture at Winchester School of Art. In 1993 she sent photographs of herself to a high fashion magazine, and a friend introduced her to fashion writer Plum Sykes. She had recently had her nasal septum pierced, which was an unusual look for models at the time, and Sykes was taken aback.
Tennant has appeared on fashion runways for Shiatzy Chen, Chanel and is a muse of the designer Karl Lagerfeld. She has also appeared in numerous advertising campaigns, including Calvin Klein, Chanel, Hermès, and Burberry. In 2010, she starred in L.K.Bennett's Spring Summer campaign photographed by Tim Walker.
Tennant married French photographer turned osteopath David Lasnet in her hometown of Oxnam, Roxburghshire in the Borders of Scotland, on 22 June 1999. They have four children together (Marcel, born 1998, Cecily, born 2001, Jasmine, born 2002, and Iris, born 2005). The family lives near Duns, in the small village of Edrom in Berwickshire, in the Scottish Borders.
In 2009, Tennant worked with green lifestyle organisation Global Cool to promote using less energy at home. She made a video with them and became one of the faces of their Turn Up The Style, Turn Down The Heat campaign.
- Colman, David (16 June 1996). "Chanel's Upper-Class Face". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Mag.com/fashion/models/stennant/stellatennant/ "Model Profile – Stella Tennant" Check
|url=value (help). New York. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Tennant, Stella (5 November 2018). "Cover Star Stella Tennant Reflects On The Vogue Shoot That Launched Her Career". Vogue. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- Craik, Laura (18 March 2016). "Stella Tennant on the Nineties and how it feels to be a British fashion icon". Evening Standard. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- Krupnick, Ellie (29 October 2011). "Stella Tennant's Pierced Nose Covers Vogue Italia". HuffPost. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Stella Tennant's gilded talents" Archived 29 May 2015 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 29 May 2015
- "Chanel S/S 13". Models.com. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Various Campaigns L.K. Bennett S/S 10". Models.com. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony". Vogue (UK). Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Colacello, Bob. "Inside Paris's 25th Annual le Bal des Débutantes". Vanity Fair.
- "Stella Tennant helps you Turn Up The Style, Turn Down The Heat". Global Cool. 18 October 2010. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "Celebrities' open letter to Scotland – full text and list of signatories | Politics". The Guardian. 7 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- Milligan, Lauren (12 June 2012). "Scottish Fashion Awards". Retrieved 14 August 2015. Cite journal requires