Stickman performing at 12th and Porter in Nashville, TN. 2007
|Birth name||Nathan Stickman|
|Also known as||Stickman|
Nathan Stickman is an American singer-songwriter and guitarist who plays his own brand of rock music which falls under the category of Adult Alternative or AAA. He performs under the mononym of Stickman. The Roanoke Times states "laid-back melodic rock." Also the Arizona Daily Sun said his "sound combines elements of folk and country with radio-friendly rock." Most Recently stated by San Diego Magazine "laid-back acoustic, melodic country rock." Stickman was awarded for musical excellence in Arizona for "top 5 songwriter" and "top 5 album of the year."
Nathan Stickman is from Phoenix, Arizona and began playing the guitar in college at the University of Arizona. One day when he was in the park, a homeless man asked to play his guitar. The man then told Nathan to sing by improvising, at that moment the songwriter in him was born. From there Stickman began writing and soon had a small collection of songs. By graduation he started playing the coffee shop and club circuit. After touring throughout the west he moved to Nashville, Tennessee to continue his music career.
In a series called "Face the Music" in the Nashville Scene, Marie Yarbrough states "Lyrically poetic, Stickman sings about everyday joys and frustrations with endearing optimism."  Ryan Heinsius from the Arizona Daily Sun said his "diversity and heartfelt songwriting enables him to connect with his listeners while maintaining a grounded, honest sound." 
Turn of Luck
Stickman's 2011 release Turn of Luck continues his self-produced recordings as a rock trio with a more straight forward sound with less processing. Nathan Stickman currently lives in Nashville, Tennessee carving out his own niche in a town that seldom breaks the mold.
The 2014 release of Stickman's Futurelook continues his series of self-produced recordings from Nashville. Still in the vain of "organic rock" but uses a new approach to his guitar work through melodic hooks.
Transition is Nathan Stickman's 2016 release and a return to his folk rock sound. The album marks a new period focusing on solo acoustic performances after many years fronting a band. It was recorded during a long hiatus while out in California renting a small place on the ocean. Transition marks his 9th studio album and first record to use his full name.
- Transition (2016)
- Futurelook (2014)
- Turn of Luck (2011)
- Tunnel Vision (2010)
- Trial and Error (2009)
- Pocket of Clouds (2006)
- Just Passing Through (2003)
- Walking with a Smile (2001)
- Acoustic Empathy (1997)
- Tate, Luci (2009-07-28). "Stickman plays his own brand of rock music". The Loafer, volume 23, issue 33, page 7. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- Dickens, Tad (2010-05-06). "Top Tickets: Some of the weeks best live music". The Roanoke Times. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- Heinsius, Ryan (2003-07-06). "Nathan Stickman: Just Passing Through". Arizona Daily Sun. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Cafe 21 Live Music". San Diego Magazine. 2016-06-08. Retrieved 2017-09-16.
- "And the nomineees are: Arizona Awards for Musical Excellence fall into 23 categories". Arizona Daily Sun. 2002-10-07. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Nathan Stickman Bio". Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- Yarbrough, Marie (2004-09-30). "Face the Music: Nathan Stickman". Nashville Scene. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- Heinsius, Ryan (2003-07-06). "Nathan Stickman:Just Passing Through". Arizona Daily Sun. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Turn of Luck album on CDbaby". CDbaby. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
- "Futurelook album on CDbaby". CDbaby. Retrieved 2014-04-04.
- "Nathan Stickman news". Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "Transition album on CDbaby". CDbaby. Retrieved 2016-12-29.