|Founded||California (2001 )|
|Founder||Lars Dalgaard, Aaron Au|
|Headquarters||South San Francisco, California, USA|
Number of employees
SuccessFactors is an American multinational company headquartered in South San Francisco, California, providing cloud-based human capital management (HCM) software solutions using the Software as a service (SaaS) model.
SuccessFactors was founded in 2001 by Lars Dalgaard. In November 2007, the company went public on the NASDAQ Global Market under the stock symbol SFSF. In July 2011, SuccessFactors successfully completed the move to the NYSE (press release), NYSE Euronext (press release), and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Deutsche Boerse), becoming the first triple listed technology company. It has its services translated into 32 languages and currently has more than 6,000 customers with over 32 million users in 60 industries in over 185 countries.
- YouCalc - On October 17, 2010, SuccessFactors announced its acquisition of this Denmark based SaaS service. on October 18, 2010, SuccessFactors launched the first ever Calculator in the Cloud technology. The calculator in the cloud allows business users to do analysis of real-time data for insight and predictions.
- Jobs2Web, Inc - On December 6, 2011, SuccessFactors Inc. announced the purchase of closely held Jobs2Web Inc. for $110 million in cash. Minnesota-based Jobs2web is expected to be a part of SuccessFactors before the SAP acquisition is complete. SAP spokesman, commented SuccessFactors is still a separate company and it has the prerogative to make deals until the SAP acquisition closes.
Acquisition by SAP America
On December 3, 2011, SAP AG and SuccessFactors announced that SAP's subsidiary, SAP America, Inc., had entered into a definitive merger agreement with SuccessFactors to acquire all outstanding shares of common stock of SuccessFactors. It was also announced that SuccessFactors would remain independent and be named "SuccessFactors, an SAP company". The acquisition was completed on February 16, 2012.
As of October 2013, announcement SuccessFactors opened up its platform as part of the SAP Hana Cloud Platform. Applications such as Accenture Audit & Compliance Tool and Enterprise Q&A by EnterpriseJungle were showcased during the 2014 Annual SAP Conference, SAPPHIRE.
Its global headquarters is in South San Francisco, California and it has the following regional divisions:
- United Kingdom and Ireland Region (based in London)
- Germany and Central Europe Region (based in Munich)
- France, Spain and Italy Region (based in Paris)
- Greater China Region (based in Hong Kong)
- Japan (based in Tokyo)
- Lucchetti, Aaron; Strasburg, Jenny (6 April 2011). "Amid Exchange War, Nasdaq Loses a Battle". The Wall Street Journal.
- (Press Release) http://www.successfactors.com/en_us/company/press-releases/2011/successfactors-to-transfer-to-the-new-york-stock-exchange.html
- (Press Release) http://www.successfactors.com/en_us/company/press-releases/2011/nyse-euronext-welcomes-successfactors--inc--to-its-european-and-.html
- (Press Release) http://www.successfactors.com/en_us/company/press-releases/2011/deutsche-borse-welcomes-successfactors--inc--as-first-business-t.html
- "Success Factors Buys YouCalc - a Gem in the SaaS Wilderness". readwriteweb. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- [(Press Release) http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/successfactors-launches-first-ever-calculator-in-the-cloud-to-solve-business-challenges-105166404.html "SuccessFactors Launches First Ever Calculator in the Cloud to Solve Business Challenges"]. PR Newswire. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- Ricadela, Aaron (6 December 2011). "SAP Acquisition Target SuccessFactors Making Its Own Purchase". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- "SuccessFactors, fresh off acquisition deal by SAP, buys its own company". mercurynews.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- "(Press Release) SAP to Accelerate Cloud Strategy with Acquisition of SuccessFactors". Reuters. 3 December 2011. Retrieved 3 Dec 2011.[dead link]
- "JP Morgan was SAP advisor in SuccessFactors buy". news.fidelity.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- (Press Release) http://newsroom.accenture.com/news/accenture-to-offer-human-capital-management-audit-and-compliance-software-on-sap-hana-cloud-platform.htm
- (Press Release) http://www.successfactors.com/en_us/company/press-releases/2013/sap-cloud-extension-strategy.html