This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||California (2001 )|
|Founder||Lars Dalgaard, Aaron Au|
Number of employees
SAP SuccessFactors is an American multinational company headquartered in South San Francisco, California, providing cloud-based human capital management (HCM) software solutions using the Software as a service (SaaS) model.
SuccessFactors was founded in 2001 by Lars Dalgaard. In November 2007, the company went public on the NASDAQ Global Market under the stock symbol SFSF. In July 2008, SuccessFactors successfully completed the move to the NYSE (press release), NYSE Euronext (press release), and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Deutsche Boerse), becoming the first triple listed technology company. It has its services translated into 41 languages and currently has more than 6,400 customers with over 100 million users in 60 industries in over 100 countries.
- Infohrm - In February, 2010, SuccessFactors acquired Infohrm, an Australian-based HR analytics business."SuccessFactors makes first acquisition; Buys Inform for $40.5 million". zdnet. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Cubetree - May, 2010 - SuccessFactors acquired CubeTree- social software
- Jambok - March, 2011 - SuccessFactors acquired Jambok, a small platform company with an innovative and powerful solution for social learning and knowledge sharing.
- YouCalc – On October 17, 2010, SuccessFactors announced its acquisition of this Denmark based SaaS service. On October 18, 2010, SuccessFactors launched the first ever Calculator in the Cloud technology. The calculator in the cloud allows business users to do analysis of real-time data for insight and predictions.
- Plateau – SuccessFactors announced the acquisition of Plateau on April 26, 2011, enabling the company to enter the learning management systems market. Plateau Systems developed one of the industry’s first Learning Management Systems (LMS), systems usually used by Human Resources departments for the management and delivery of learning and training across organizations.
- Jobs2Web, Inc – On December 6, 2011, SuccessFactors Inc. announced the purchase of closely held Jobs2Web Inc. for $110 million in cash. SAP spokesman, commented SuccessFactors is still a separate company and it has the prerogative to make deals until the SAP acquisition closes.
- KMS Onboarding - Early 2014, SAP acquired KMS for Onboarding to expand their recruitment product offering
Acquisition by SAP America
On December 3, 2011, SAP AG and SuccessFactors announced that SAP's subsidiary, SAP America, Inc., had entered into a definitive merger agreement with SuccessFactors to acquire all outstanding shares of common stock of SuccessFactors. It was also announced that SuccessFactors would remain independent and be named "SuccessFactors, an SAP company". The acquisition was completed on February 16, 2012.
As of October 2013, SuccessFactors opened up its platform as part of the SAP Cloud Platform. Applications such as Accenture Audit & Compliance Tool and EnterpriseAlumni were showcased during the 2014 Annual SAP Conference, SAPPHIRE. both becoming SAP Pinnacle finalists as Application Development Partners Of The Year
- ASAP Methodology
- Launch Methodology
- Hybrid Project Implementation Methodology (the conglomeration of ASAP and Launch)
- ENABLE Methodology
- BizXpert Methodology
- ACTIVATE Methodology (which incorporates the BizXpert Methodology)
- "Company History - SuccessFactors Business Execution Software". Archived from the original on 1 March 2012.
- Lucchetti, Aaron; Strasburg, Jenny (6 April 2011). "Amid Exchange War, Nasdaq Loses a Battle". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Success Factors Buys YouCalc - a Gem in the SaaS Wilderness". readwriteweb. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "SuccessFactors Launches First Ever Calculator in the Cloud to Solve Business Challenges". PR Newswire. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- Ricadela, Aaron (6 December 2011). "SAP Acquisition Target SuccessFactors Making Its Own Purchase". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- "SuccessFactors, fresh off acquisition deal by SAP, buys its own company". mercurynews.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- "(Press Release) SAP to Accelerate Cloud Strategy with Acquisition of SuccessFactors". Reuters. 3 December 2011. Archived from the original on 17 May 2012. Retrieved 3 Dec 2011.
- "JP Morgan was SAP advisor in SuccessFactors buy". news.fidelity.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- "Best LMS (Learning Management System) Software | 2016 Reviews of the Most Popular Systems". Capterra.com. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- "Best Talent Management Software | 2016 Reviews of the Most Popular Systems". Capterra.com. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- "Accenture to Offer Human Capital Management Audit and Compliance Software on SAP HANA® Cloud Platform | Accenture Newsroom". Newsroom.accenture.com. 2013-11-21. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- "Accenture Wins Three 2018 SAP® Pinnacle Awards Based on Outstanding Contributions and Dedication to Teamwork | Accenture Newsroom". newsroom.accenture.com. Retrieved 2018-10-29.