Swan Shopping Centre
Logo for the Swan Shopping Centre
|Total retail floor area||80,000 square feet (7,400 m2)|
With its landmark high rise building, it stands on the A45 Coventry Road at its intersection with the A4040 Outer Ring Road (also the Birmingham Outer Circle Number 11 bus route), known as Swan Island.
Since its opening there has been one event inside the Swan Shopping Centre. For the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II Weekend, Free Radio hosted a "street party" inside the shopping centre with artificial grass. There were many other things happening too with music, having your picture taken as the Queen and more.
There are 21 retail units in the shopping centre.
- "The Swan Centre". Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- Emma McKinney (11 June 2011), Road at new Tesco in Yardley is part-opened, Birmingham Mail, retrieved 16 August 2011
- "Free Radio's coverage of the event". Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 9 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Swan Shopping Centre website
- Planning application for redevelopment (pdf)[dead link]
- 1890 Ordnance Survey map of the Swan area – Swan Inn can clearly be seen on the map.