T. J. Ward
Ward in the 2014 NFL season.
|No. 43 Denver Broncos|
|Date of birth:||December 12, 1986|
|Place of birth:||San Francisco, California|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Concord (CA) De La Salle|
|NFL draft:||2010 / Round: 2 / Pick: 38|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Terrell Ray Ward, Jr. (born December 12, 1986) is an American football safety for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Oregon, and was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
He played high school football at prep powerhouse De La Salle during their 151 game winning streak. An injury early in his senior year deterred many scouts, leading to him walking-on with the Oregon Ducks.
2010 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 10 1⁄2 in||211 lb||30 3⁄4 in||9 1⁄4 in||4.49 s||19 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Ward was drafted 38th overall by the Cleveland Browns. He started all 16 games of his rookie season, recording 123 combined tackles and 2 interceptions. Ward gained national recognition for an illegal hit on Bengals receiver Jordan Shipley, where he had a helmet to helmet hit to force the ball out of Shipley's hands. Ward was fined for the hit.
Ward stepped into a larger role in his second season, but injuries held him to only 8 games. He finished the season with 39 tackles, and a sack.
Ward returned to form in 2012, starting 14 games and was quite good in coverage. As an up and coming player, he finished with 68 tackles, a sack, and an interception.
Ward had a breakout season, starting all 16 games and earning Second-Team All-Pro honors from the Associated Press. He finished the year with 123 Tackles, 1.5 sacks, 2 Interceptions, 1 forced fumble, and 10 passes defended.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
- Schefter, Adam. "Broncos are signing former Browns S TJ Ward, per sources.". Twitter. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- Wesseling, Chris (March 11, 2014). "T.J. Ward, Denver Broncos agree on contract". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- "T.J. Ward signs with Broncos as Denver's new strong safety". DenverPost.com. March 11, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- "T.J. Ward". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 29 April 2015.