Talk:1998–99 Arsenal F.C. season
|1998–99 Arsenal F.C. season has been listed as one of the Sports and recreation good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|WikiProject Football||(Rated GA-class, Low-importance)|
Orphaned references in 1998–99 Arsenal F.C. season
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of 1998–99 Arsenal F.C. season's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "wenger":
- From 1998–99 Manchester United F.C. season: Moore, Glenn (6 May 1999). "Petit puts Arsenal on the way". Independent. London. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
We needed them to slip up to have a chance. We are not favourites, Manchester United have more games and therefore more chances to score goals.
- From Dennis Bergkamp: Lawrence, Amy (25 April 2004). "On a higher plane". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 11:50, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:1998–99 Arsenal F.C. season/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Ok, I'm back. Here goes with the review. Coincidently I actually attended all of Arsenal's home games at Wembley Stadium during their Champions League run during this season. Funnily enough I remember the Dynamo Kyiv match more than the Lens defeat, mainly because the group I was with were so hyped that we got to see Andriy Shevchenko play (and we were only one bank over from the Ukrainians).
- "entered the campaign as league champions for the first time in seven years and completed a domestic double, by winning the FA Cup." - could that be re-worded to make it clear that the double was during the previous season?
- I note that in 1997–98 Arsenal F.C. season there is a brief summary in this section of the previous season. I think that works quite well and this article would benefit from the same - especially as the lead is meant to summarise the article and at the moment is the only place which talks about the previous season specifically.
- Knew I missed something out, have added a summary now.
- "beating Chelsea for his services" - makes it sound like Freddie beat Chelsea for his services. Perhaps simply rewording it to "the club beat Chelsea for his services" or similar.
- Charity shield
- "comprehensive" needs to be dropped as it doesn't read neutrally at the moment. Is there anything that could be added here to beef it up a little?
- "Wenger after the match" - grammar seems a little off. "After the match, Wenger..." would be better.
- "However, Arsenal lost their first match of the season" - maybe something to say that it was the following match?
- The "comprehensive" need to come out here of here as well.
- "as the team remained in the bottom four" - just to be specific, perhaps "as Blackburn remained in the bottom four"?
- Sources should be citations rather than external links.
- FA Cup
- Last sentence needs a citation.
- Champions League
- I know you've said it was their first appearance since the re-brand, but could you add a stat to say the last time Arsenal were in the old European Cup? I think it might be a nice touch.
- Player statistics
- That inline citation would be better served by being under the table and prefixed with "Source:" or similar.
- What makes Andy's Arsenal Resource Website a reliable source?
- Think I've addressed all comments. Thanks for reviewing; hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did researching. :) Lemonade51 (talk) 02:44, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on 1998–99 Arsenal F.C. season. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150822212433/http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/clubs/managers/profile.overview.html/arsene-wenger to http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/clubs/managers/profile.overview.html/arsene-wenger
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.