Talk:Abhishek Bachchan filmography
|Abhishek Bachchan filmography is a featured list, which means it has been identified as one of the best lists produced by the Wikipedia community. If you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|This article appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page as Today's featured list on February 5, 2016.|
|WikiProject India / Maharashtra / Cinema||(Rated FL-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Film||(Rated FL-class)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Abhishek Bachchan filmography article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
Getting ready for FL
Moved from SchroCat's talk page
Hi Jim Carter,
It's nearly there, but just not quite, largely because of the lead, I think. The lead is probably over long: it's about double the length of existing FL filmographies (see Aishwarya Rai Bachchan filmography, Rani Mukerji filmography, Hrithik Roshan filmography and Akshay Kumar filmography by way of comparison). Don't forget, we are not trying to tell the life story of the individual here, but reflect what the body of the article is saying (with some limited additional information to aid understanding).
- In the "roles" column there are three different ways of saying we don’t know the name (Unknown, TBA and N/A). I'd standardise these with a dash, which also stops the coloured box and centred font appearing. - Done standardized.
- You need to sort the director of The Shaukeens, which is showing as []]] (and include a reference as well) - Done both.
- I would remove the awards from the table (there was a similar discussion about them at this related FLC. We have a separate page for awards, so no need to double them up here. Done.
- Consider (but don't take my word as a cast iron one) removing the "Credited as" column, and drop his producing/narrating details into the "Notes" column instead: it'll slim down the table a bit, and there are only three rows that are affected by this On hold Will do it as soon as someone ask at FLC.
- What order are the rows in? You should re-sort to chronological. – Done Re-sorted.
- You need refs for the two unreferenced ones – Done Source added.
- There are two disambig links in the references, both to IBN - Done fixed.
That's a quick run through for you. The main stumbling block I see (outside some minor formatting issues) is the lead. If you get that right, the rest is relatively minor tweaking which people will pick up on at FLC. Hope this helps! Cheers – SchroCat (talk) 12:51, 8 January 2015 (UTC)
- @SchroCat: I have moved the discussion from you talk page to here, hope you don;t mind. I have addressed most of the issues you said, mainly the lead (I think it can;t be shortened any further). Please take a look again and tell me what you think. Should I go ahead and nominate the article for FL? Thank you. Jim Carter 14:01, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
- As you've ignored half my advice already, I'm not sure why you're back asking for more, but I would give the lead another copy edit before you do anything: "On the other hand" is unencyclopaedic and doesn't make sense in the context, and do we need FOUR refs to tell us that "Box Office India declared the third installment of the Dhoom series, Dhoom 3, "the biggest hit of 2013" two days after its release.". To my mind, one reference from Box Office India should suffice; similarly, surely "Abhishek Bachchan is an Indian actor and producer" doesn't need three sources to say something that simple? Once you've done that and reconsidered the three points I left earlier that you haven't addressed, it would be time to take it to FLC. - SchroCat (talk) 08:26, 16 January 2015 (UTC)