Talk:Alaa Abd El-Fattah
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Reporters without borders
Shouldn't there be something about the award received from Reporters without Borders?
Google bombing for alaa
what do you think about this entry participating in google bombing for alaa action?Atenea26, 11:45, 17 may 2006 (UTC)
- If you mean using this page to point at another page for google bombing purposes, it'd probably be against wikipedia guidelines. It's ok for wikipedia articles to be the targets of google bombs though - for example, people had non-wikipedia pages linking to the wikipedia article on Jew in the hope it'd rank higher than the "Jew watch" web site. If you've got any more questions, feel free to ask me. Andjam 16:23, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
Information about his development as an activist
Al Jazeera English aired a half an hour segment about Manal & Alaa on Thu Feb 3 01:03 UTC 2011. This included an interview with Alaa's mother where she explains he was initially reluctant to be an activist. In a May 24 2005 protest where he was filming his parents at a protest, his mother was beaten and he tried to intervene and was beaten also. This was a turning point for him and many of his friends. I'm not sure how this information should be correctly integrated into this article. Jeff Carr (talk) 01:59, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
There is an RfC on the question of using "Religion: None" vs. "Religion: None (atheist)" in the infobox on this and other similar pages.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Alaa Abd El-Fattah. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060514115302/http://www.worldchanging.com:80/archives/001773.html to http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/001773.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111203102905/http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2011/1072/eg7.htm to http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2011/1072/eg7.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.