Talk:Artis the Spoonman
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of the article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include Paid contribution disclosure, Conflict of interest, Autobiography, and Neutral point of view.|
In the 1980's, Artis the Spoonman would frequently show up barefoot along the walkways of the University of Washington in Seattle and perform with his spoons and flutes. Between songs he would encourage onlookers to drop out of school and go experience life.
This article is one of thousands on Wikipedia that have a link to YouTube in it. Based on the External links policy, most of these should probably be removed. I'm putting this message here, on this talk page, to request the regular editors take a look at the link and make sure it doesn't violate policy. In short: 1. 99% of the time YouTube should not be used as a source. 2. We must not link to material that violates someones copyright. If you are not sure if the link on this article should be removed or you would like to help spread this message contact us on this page. Thanks, ---J.S (t|c) 03:15, 10 November 2006 (UTC)
- He also plays the flute. But yeah, percussion would probably be a better label.
- I have not been able to find his birth name. His real, legal name is "Artis". In one cited interview he says his fist name was changed to Artis when he was adopted by his stepfather (presumably his last name was as well), and that he legally had it changed to just "Artis" when he was 40. I also could not find evidence for his birth date, though from other things he says in the interview it had to be between August and December 1948. Don Lammers (talk) 22:54, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
I have checked and expanded existing citations where possible, and have added some additional citations. I have removed the banner complaining about too many primary sources, which should have probably been removed a couple of years ago after some other citation work that probably resulted from the banner placement. I am going to go way out on a limb now and re-rate this as C-class. I think there is enough verified text and good enough citations to qualify. Feel free to revert if you disagree, as I am not a regular in BLP articles. Don Lammers (talk) 22:54, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Artis the Spoonman. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150126014534/http://bumbershoot.org:80/lineup/history/ to http://bumbershoot.org/lineup/history/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.