|Asterix has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Art. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Asterix article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Comics / European||(Rated C-class, Top-importance)|
For you Asterix fans, here is a userbox to set up for placement on your userpage.
Currently I have used a PD image I found in the commons. That is the best I could find that of a loaf of bread and a wine glass, I thought this image most appropriate since the our Gauls love to eat and drink. If you have come across a better looking image or a non copyrighted image from a Asterix comic to point me towards it.
- Be nice if someone made a winged helmet :-P That'd look like Asterix. Or a crushed roman helmet Ghilz 06:30, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
Asterix in the Picture
Nomination of File:Asterixchips.JPG for deletion
Hello, this is just a heads up to let you know that I've nominated File:Asterixchips.JPG, which is used in this article, for deletion at PUF. You can find the relevant discussion and add your input at the nomination page, which can be found here. Thanks, Acather96 (talk) 19:36, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
There's a discussion on which comic-related articles should be listed as "Top Importance" on the importance scale, and I feel this article should not be included. If any user disagrees or wishes to contribute, please do so there. Argento Surfer (talk) 14:42, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
popular in the U.S. too
The article emphasizes that Asterix is popular in Europe and French speaking countries but I'm here to tell you many people on this side of the Atlantic like it too. I was introduced to it when I was eleven in the public school library. I loved it and knew other kids who did too. I don't know what the stats of Asterix readers in the States are but anyone who loves comics here, knows about Asterix. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 07:04, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Well, in Europa even people, who don't know anything about Comics, know at least Asterix. Plus he is by far more popular then Spiderman or Batman, at least regarding the comics, maybe not so, when it comes to the (horrible) movies. It is without doubt, that the interest in the United States is on a particular low level compared with other countries all over the world. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:52, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
Has anyone noticed that the cited "source" for the supposed "family row" (This provoked a family row.) following Uderzo's selling of his rights is just a stupid funny letter begging him not sell the recipe for the magic potion? There's no evidence in there at all.18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:47, 7 September 2014 (UTC)
- Good spot. Removed it. There may have been a family row but I'm sure that they all made up and had a big feast afterwards. Btljs (talk) 20:55, 7 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Asterix. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090207205018/http://www.bodoi.info:80/magazine/2009-01-20/anne-goscinny-%C2%ABasterix-a-eu-deja-eu-deux-vies-du-vivant-de-mon-pere-et-apres-pourquoi-pas-une-troisieme%C2%BB/10581 to http://www.bodoi.info/magazine/2009-01-20/anne-goscinny-%C2%ABasterix-a-eu-deja-eu-deux-vies-du-vivant-de-mon-pere-et-apres-pourquoi-pas-une-troisieme%C2%BB/10581
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110706110249/http://www.meeja.com.au/articles/asterix-the-gaul-seen-feasting-at-mcdonald-s-restaurant to http://www.meeja.com.au/articles/asterix-the-gaul-seen-feasting-at-mcdonald-s-restaurant
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://toonopedia.com/asterix.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051119024530/http://www.gthomas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk:80/ to http://www.gthomas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.