|WikiProject Crime||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Finance||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
- 1 Cleanup
- 2 Lots of Work Needed
- 3 Why was well sourced subsection Bank impersonation on section Mechanics of bank fraud deleted?
- 4 Why was RS micronation section deleted from country section?
- 5 Why was RS individual case info deleted, and nonRS individual cases not?
- 6 Proposed section addition
- 7 How about an extra category "Payments fraud"
- 8 External links modified
The cleanup header has apparently been on this page for a long time. The geo/worldwide tag has also been on the page for a while. I've started trying to make sense of this by splitting the article into two sections: 1) Banking laws (which are specific to each country/jurisdiction), 2) Mechanics of banking fraud.
This article still needs a lot more work. There should be more expansion on the U.S. law provisions, as well as those for other jurisdictions. In particular, U.K. and Swiss laws strike me as important [may well be others].
The mechanics could also use more cleanup. Right now it's a list of various types of fraud. I pass no judgment right now on whether or not this organization is appropriate--I only ask if it could be condensed. I look forward to contributions from others.LH (talk) 16:13, 6 March 2008 (UTC)
- I've added the cleanup tag to the mechanics section. There should be more development on the country-specific laws, however the organization for that is in place and people just need to add content. The mechanics section has a lot of information, perhaps too much, but it is not well organized and is too anecdotal. Anyone who could help re-stylize this, it would be appreciated.LH (talk) 20:10, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
I have reorganised the contents so the stuff related to each other is put together (Stolen Cheques, Cheque Kiting and Forged and Altered Cheques are now together. I believe its better. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Superior Wiki Editor (talk • contribs) 07:37, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
Lots of Work Needed
As you can see from my tags, this article needs LOTS of work. A serious revamp is in order, preferably one starting from references, of which there aren't any. I'm familiar with the topic, so will do my best, but help from experts and others is welcome. Vicenarian (talk) 20:17, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Why was well sourced subsection Bank impersonation on section Mechanics of bank fraud deleted?
Why was subsection Bank impersonation on section Mechanics of bank fraud deleted? This leaves no content on fraud buy bank impersonation, a major prosecutable crime? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 02:23, 30 March 2011 (UTC)
- Please do not spam the talk page. One section for your complaints is enough. I suggest that you visit WT:Tambayan Philippines. There are some concerns regarding your edits. Moray An Par (talk) 02:57, 30 March 2011 (UTC)
Why was RS micronation section deleted from country section?
Why was RS individual case info deleted, and nonRS individual cases not?
Why were two unsourced individuals in China with minimal content retained, but well detailed and RS content on micronation international operator deleted as information on individual? Suggestions for rewrite and reinsert? This deletion removed every source from the article. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:23, 30 March 2011 (UTC)
Proposed section addition
Content in the "Bank impersonation" section was deleted as UNDUE (massively). Proposed restore section with content "Fraudsters may set up companies with names that sound similar to existing banks. For example, Pearlasia Gamboa used the corporate name "Bankasia AG", which sounds similar to the existing "Bank Asia" in Bangladesh, and she claimed net assets of over $25 Billion in 1995 dollars. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:03, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
How about an extra category "Payments fraud"
Several examples could be listed under this and it might help with cleaning up. Also, the term is widely used, but not even mentioned in this article. ----Bernburgerin (talk) 10:03, 21 April 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bank fraud. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120328111013/http://www.alexiscbell.com/Mortgage_Fraud_Case_Study_eBook.php to http://www.alexiscbell.com/Mortgage_Fraud_Case_Study_eBook.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.