Talk:Cinematic style of Abbas Kiarostami
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Cinematic style of Abbas Kiarostami article.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Cinematic style of Abbas Kiarostami has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Current status: Good article|
First off, I'd like to note that, overall, I find the article deserving of GA status. However, it contains quite a few minor problems, which I'll discuss below. Some of these problems are unfortunately serious enough for me to place it on hold.
- The main issue: the "Fiction and non-fiction" and "Themes of life and death" sections contain many statements which may be construed as original research. You have several options here—rewrite some of it, provide more references or move some of the text to the talk page and think about it/mess with it a little.
- The article is very long. I'm mostly OK with it, but this will definitely raise objections during a Featured Article candidacy.
More minor problems:
- Please check all film names and make sure they conform to Wikipedia:Manual of Style (titles).
- Please add access dates to all web references—this is very important, particularly if you intend to go for FA.
- There are still some run-on sentences, such as the following, from "Individualism":
- According to film professors such as Jamsheed Akrami, Abbas Kiarostami unlike many other contemporary filmmakers has consistently attempted to redefine film and film medium by lowering its full definition and forcing audience's increased involvement. In recent years he has also progressively trimmed down the size of his films which Akrami believes reduces the film making experience from a collective endeavor to a purer, more basic form of artistic expression.
- In "Poetry and photography", the paragraph on Riccardo Zipoli's paper is quite long, and, most importantly, lacks a citation to the work! :)
- It would be nice to make the text in "Secondary literature" small.
- A good round of copy editing would be a good idea before FAC.
It may not seem so from my comments, but this is an excellent article—so much so, it can get better :) Once these issues have been addressed, I'll have another look. Best wishes, Fvasconcellos 00:40, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
- OK—after another round of edits by Sangak, I've re-read the article and found nearly all of the issues I raised to have been addressed. While there are still a few minor problems that a good copyedit would take care of, a few redundancies, etc., I believe this article does meet the GA criteria, and I am therefore passing it. Fvasconcellos 01:48, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Cinema kiarostami.jpg
Image:Cinema kiarostami.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
Discussion pertaining to non-free image(s) used in article
A cleanup page has been created for WP:FILMS' spotlight articles. One element that is being checked in ensuring the quality of the articles is the non-free images. Currently, one or more non-free images being used in this article are under discussion to determine if they should be removed from the article for not complying with non-free and fair use requirements. Please comment at the corresponding section within the image cleanup listing. Before contributing the discussion, please first read WP:FILMNFI concerning non-free images. Ideally the discussions pertaining to the spotlight articles will be concluded by the end of June, so please comment soon to ensure there is clear consensus. --Happy editing! Nehrams2020 (talk • contrib) 05:32, 20 June 2010 (UTC)