Talk:Cry of Pugad Lawin
|WikiProject Tambayan Philippines||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|A fact from this article was featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the On this day... section on August 23, 2012, August 23, 2015, and August 23, 2016.|
Why is this important? What is the historical context?
The article needs a section (from someone more knowledgeable than I) about the historical context of the Cry. What led up to it? What were the immediate causes? What were the immediate and long-term impacts? Obviously it is very important because it is a national holiday, and so this article should tell readers why it is so important and what is its meaning to current-day Filipinos. --Bruce Hall (talk) 00:52, 29 August 2011 (UTC)
- From the article: "the Cry of Balintawak (Filipino: Sigaw ng Balintawak, Spanish: Grito de Balintawak) was the beginning of the Philippine Revolution against Spanish rule". That pretty much sums it up. –HTD 02:06, 29 August 2011 (UTC)
Cry of Balintawak?
Is "Cry of Pugad Lawin" or "Cry of Balintawak" more consistent with WP:Commonname? I almost always hear of it referred to as the latter and would support renaming it. Google searches are not definitive but I note that the latter has 30% more Google hits than the former, and much of the reference to the former name says something like "now known as the 'Cry of Pugad Lawin'" which would indicate that the Cry of Balintawak is the more common reference. --Iloilo Wanderer (talk) 07:33, 12 August 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Cry of Pugad Lawin. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110711001816/http://www.filipinojournal.com/v2/index.php?pagetype=read&article_num=08062009225054 to http://www.filipinojournal.com/v2/index.php?pagetype=read&article_num=08062009225054
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120224035104/http://www.nhi.gov.ph//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=3 to http://www.nhi.gov.ph/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.