|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dalek variants article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Dalek variants/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
I'm going to be reviewing this. Right off the bat I'm seeing some major issues. Details to follow.
I'm going to have to fail this. There are large unreferenced sections (note the "Overview", the second paragraph of "Mark I Daleks", and the last paragraph of "Mark II Daleks", for starters), huge reliance on in-universe fiction (episodes, books, etc.) for sourcing, not to mention the Dalek Autopsy and Dalek6388 websites, which are fansites and thus are not considered a reliable source. Reference formatting is erratic, too: date formatting is both of the "10 March 1973" and "1973-04-07" variety. More real-world information about the creation and propagation of these character variants is required. The article needs to be completely overhauled to adhere to Wikipedia's guidelines regarding writing about fiction, as well as dispense with all the sourcing to fansites, before it can pass GAN. WesleyDodds (talk) 08:48, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
Out of Order
I think the article should be re-ordered. It skips eras all over the place, dealing with 1970s Daleks and then jumping to more recent Daleks. I haven't watched all of these older stories, and I don't have any reference books, so I can't do it myself; however, someone with more knowledge must do an overhaul. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:50, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
- Must they? Perhaps you should read the article again. The focus is on the various Dalek types, not the chronological history of their appearances in various media. It tracks the development of the main variants in a logical manner and only 'skips eras' (if I understand correctly what you mean by that) where nothing of any note regarding the Dalek variants occurred. Further, although the article failed WP:GA review, the matter you have raised did not figure among the reasons. If you still feel that your proposal has merit then you should discuss your rationale for it here. I believe a change of the magnitude you are suggesting would certainly warrant debate and the establishment of a clear supporting consensus before it was implemented. Bowdenford (talk) 00:12, 17 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Dalek variants. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.longleatcyberman.com/TussaudsDalek/Home.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors. Bowdenford (talk) 07:47, 3 April 2016 (UTC)