|WikiProject Michigan||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class)|
||It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
Nov 16, 2004: City was incorrectly listed as being east of US 127 instead of west of it. Also, date of incorporation of villiage was listed incorrectly. I also added a bunch of historical summary to the page, including the great fire of 1930. I used the DeWitt community's history website as my chief reference : http://www.dewittmi.org/web/FRcomm.htm. Also, DeWitt was incorrectly spelled as "De Witt" throughout wikipedia. I tried to make the changes to as many of them as I could, but I could not find them all. -TAII
- Thanks for your contributions. I'm afraid I mixed up east and west WRT 127--I think it is a sort of directional dyslexia. The name as "De Witt" with a space, I believe, was because that's how it appears in the Census data from which the original article was generated. The discrepency in dates may be a result of reporting the date when incorporation was approved versus the date the incorporation became effective. Communities tend to report the earlier date whereas other sources list the effective date. older≠wiser 16:49, Nov 16, 2004 (UTC)
That's interesting that the Census data has it incorrectly spelled--it's a common mistake that DeWitt residents are quick to correct. I think the DeWitt Township situation is the same, but I don't know much about the township and so I don't presume to change anything, nor can I easily find a source to confirm it. Thanks for your contributions as well.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on DeWitt, Michigan. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130911234518/http://factfinder2.census.gov to http://factfinder2.census.gov
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/699nOulzi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.census.gov%2Fgeo%2Fwww%2Fgazetteer%2Ffiles%2FGaz_places_national.txt to http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/files/Gaz_places_national.txt
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.