|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I thought the Chinese symbol for 'Year of the Dog' was 戌, as apposed to 狗, which just means 'Dog'. I could be wrong though. Could somebody please verify which is correct. Sadako No Deshi 18:52, 18 July 2006 (BST)
- I believe yours is correct. Although taking into consideration that there's two different kinds of scriptures (simple and traditional), I wouldn't be surprised if both are correct. RAM 00:45, 10 August 2006 (UTC)
- No, it's not correct. 狗 is what we use for year of the Dog. If you do google image search you will see 狗 on all artwork. Pleas leave this symbol alone. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:52, 10 February 2007 (UTC).
- Yes, 戌 is the correct character, as per the corresponding wiki pages in chinese and japanese. Changing to match the consensus of the other language wiki. Ice-Wolf 04:09, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
No, the current character is wrong. None of the discussions here are informed or relevant. Google searches do not constitute legitimate research, nor do other incorrect wikipedia pages. Furthermore, I would not trust the esteemed opinion of one who does not know the difference between "fan ti zi" (complicated) and "jian ti zi" (simplified) characters. Please revert it to 狗 as soon as possible. Lesotho 02:29, 25 April 2007 (UTC) hey this is the lier on call here
- Why do you always provide arguments without even knowing the language? You could easily spread misinformation. First of all, there are no differences between traditional and simplified, they are not the same character. Even someone who doesn't know the language can see that both characters look nothing alike. Traditional and simplified are not entirely different scripts. 狗 means "Dog", the animal and the year because the year is named after the animal. How can't you get that? 戌 is one of the twelve Earthly Branches, this one corresponding to the Year of the Dog. Each Earthly Branch can be connected to one of the ten Celestial stems, resulting in 60 combinations. One cycle has sixty year and each year has its own properties althought there are only 12 animals. This is the Sexagenary cycle. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 00:13, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
Not roughly equivalent
There is no evidence or reference for "roughly equivalent to Libra". Hu 23:00, 13 October 2006 (UTC)
- A he/she is a libra can not always be honest and mostly does or doesn't admits the truth and the secrets of themself can be spread to other sometimes and mostly to be kept secretly to themselves. there are thing they can do and others can not know. somtimes times he/she can rely on to others. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs).
- I vote for making a new article, List of Celebrities Sign (chinese zodiac) - with a list of famous persons of all signs (separeted by sign/element), something like the List of games Daniel Leite 04:25, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- Since no one protested and I agree with you, I boldly went ahead and created the Category Category:List_of_Celebrities_(Chinese_Zodiac) and the subcategories for each sign. I'm currently adding the categories to the current Year of the Dog celebrities (I will remove the section afterwards, replacing it with a link).
- Now, it would be great if you and all the other regulars (Maestro, VeronicaPR, IrishPearl etc.) would each take a Zodiac Sign and do the same, since it would take ages to do this alone. Teshik 12:18, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
Split contested, candidate for deletion
Hrmpf. In the very minute I finally got the Dog article finished, the new categories were put up into the Deletion candidates. Go here for details, and please tell if you want the categories kept, deleted, or if you got another suggestion entirely. I've stopped editing for now. Teshik 14:50, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
remove list of people
Do not reply here; go to centralized discussion at Talk:Rat (zodiac)#Let's remove all the celebrities lists. — coelacan — 18:18, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
Howcome there's no writing about the qualities of this sign, like all the others?--Tainted Drifter 11:22, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
Page has been reverted 18.104.22.168 16:50, 23 April 2007 (UTC) Jean
I have factual links that tell you the meaning of the Chinese zodiac Dog, etc. They are not advertising anything personal. I feel they may help the site. If you do not believe so. They were previously posted on two articles. I want to combine them and post them on each horoscope, Including this one. Ariyen (talk) 13:16, 7 February 2008 (UTC)