Talk:Dracula (2006 film)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dracula (2006 film) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I'm glad someone who has (resumabably) seen this has written a plot summary but alas this summary is rather confusing. Just to give an example, there are two references to "the cellar" without any mention of whose cellar this might be. And there are many unanswered questions, including:
- What role does Dr. Seward play in any of this?
- Is Jonathan Harker dead or not, and if not, why is Mina grieving?
- Lord Holmwood--if his syphilis is cured, why doesn't he consummate his marriage?
- If he is Lord Arthur Holmwood then I think his wife should not style herself Lady Holmwood as she did in the promotion--unless his title was Arthur, Lord Holmwood. In the former case, he would be the son of a duke (I think) whereas the latter would make him a baron, viscount or perhaps an earl.
Anyone inclined to clean this up would have my gratitude (living in the USA, I won't get a chance to see this until February). Zahir13 16:29, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
- I have tried to answer a few of these questions, in particular expanding on Dr Sewards's role. However, a few I don't have the answer to.
- Is Jonathan Harker dead or not, and if not, why is Mina grieving? As I recall, we don't see definitively that he is dead, although he is presumed dead and takes no further role in the story.
- Lord Holmwood--if his syphilis is cured, why doesn't he consummate his marriage? I don't remember anyone saying that his syphilis was cured. In fact, I think that was why he didn't consummate it. Lucy actually insists on marrying him at the originally proposed time at one point - he is trying to postpone it. Silverthorn 16:12, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for your efforts. I intend to record and pay close attention to this when it is aired here in the 'States. Currently, the plot summary does not meet my own standards of what such should be. The business about "Lord Holmwood" might simply be a filmmakers' error. Zahir13 21:48, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Dracula-still-2006.jpg
Image:Dracula-still-2006.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to ensure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Dracula (2006 film). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090706200225/http://www.moria.co.nz:80/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1219Itemid=1 to http://www.moria.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1219Itemid=1
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090706204415/http://www.cinema-crazed.com:80/dracula.htm to http://www.cinema-crazed.com/dracula.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070103082105/http://www.sophiamyles.org:80/multimedia/index.php?cat=46 to http://www.sophiamyles.org/multimedia/index.php?cat=46
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.