|WikiProject Sexuality||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
- 1 Humiliatrix merge
- 2 Diff between erotic and sexual humiliation?
- 3 Facials/golden showers
- 4 Freudian slip?
- 5 Old content from Talk:Humiliation (BDSM) as merged
- 6 MERGE
- 7 Renamed article to "erotic humiliation"
- 8 Poll: Small penis humiliation and small breast humiliation
- 9 At what point does one wonder
- 10 Psychology of humiliation fantasies
- 11 Non-sexual Reasons
- DON'T MERGE but DO LINK: A humiliatrix is a woman whom engages in the sexual humiliation of her partner. She may also be paid to do so.
- Yeah. Sure. I say merge 'em.
- DON'T MERGE - I believe Humiliatrix should be considered a seperate entity away from the umbrella term that is erotic humiliation, in the same manner that dominatrix and BDSM should be treated seperately. It should be considered that a Humiliatrix is also a slang term for women whose personality naturally finds itself humiliating others in RL without any exchange of money or erotic implication, thus rendering erotic humiliation a dubious alternative. ~~ —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- Merge. Fits in perfectly — basicly a female humiliator, and the list of associated sexual interests listed in this article are consistent those under Humiliatrix. Non-BDSM uses of the term Humiliatrix are almost certainly using the BDSM term metaphorically, so I don't think that disqualifies the merge. Please do include a redirect from Humiliatrix. –edgarde 03:52, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
- Against Merge - Yes, they both involve humiliation. Both are seperate topics in their own right. Atom 22:18, 10 November 2006 (UTC)
- Redirect - There seems to be nothing in that article beyond the definition, that couldn't be placed here. Although I'm not sure I'm in favour of stating the term in this article - are there reliable notable sources for this definition, or is it just a neologism? Mdwh 17:40, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
Diff between erotic and sexual humiliation?
I'm not sure "consent" covers it. Most humiliation is consensual. Maybe these two should be converged.
Where consent is not mutual, surely this becomes rape. Two people, equally attracted to the concept of domination and submission (assuming one to be the sub and the other to be the dom)will feel their own sense of eroticism. As a male sub, I welcome the attention of a female dom, but not in the sense that I should come away bleeding. Humiliation, saliva showers, golden shower, anal penetration and spanking all form part of my fantasy role playing and consent is a given under suitable circumstances. If at any time I chose to withhold my consent but was forced into any of those scenarios I would consider it sexual assault as would any woman who would normally participate as a sub, but who chose to say no on occasions for reasons personal to her. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 11:16, 21 December 2016 (UTC)
- As I understand it, erotic humiliation is sexual humiliation which results in gratification for the humiliated person. If it's not erotic for them, then it's merely sexual humiliation, without any erotic component. Note that humiliation need not necessarily have any physical component. -- The Anome (talk) 22:08, 21 December 2016 (UTC)
The list here was pretty tame so I added that most popular of erotic humiliations, facials and pissing.
Did the author mean to say "pubic" instead of "public"?
Taxwoman 20:06, 28 October 2005 (UTC)
The article Humiliation (BDSM) is superior. Retain it and cull the other.
Old content from Talk:Humiliation (BDSM) as merged
The general picture of the humiliation fetish does need some elaboration. I love humiliation myself and very much enjoy being called fat", "ugly", "stupid" or "worthless" and in fact a great many such "insults" are welcome. What matters is who is doing the insulting. For example: I was on the train recently and someone (male I presume) sent me a bluetooth message to my phone. "Cock sucker" it said to me. While it was fun to receive it I didn't relish the fact that the sender was probably male and that it was sent with male spite. However if I had any reason to believe the sender was a woman, it would have been wonderful!
I wonder how could I improve this article without making the first authors feeling offended in case I cut off much of it trying to make it be more comprehensive (cover many points of view) and sound more mmhh... enciclopedic? X)
[I myself enjoy humilliation too, under certain particular circumstances]
I have merged the two articles Sexual humiliation and Humiliation (BDSM), and imported the talk page of both here. The text from the latter was probably superior but I've retained most of both, adding a structure and other information. I have kept the article under the name "Sexual humiliation" since that's a broader title.
FT2 17:10, 14 November 2005 (UTC)
Renamed article to "erotic humiliation"
I have renamed this article "erotic humiliation" from "sexual humiliation", since this article is about sexual humiliation in a consensual erotic context. Sexual humiliation in other contexts is a very different thing, and not even remotely erotic. -- Karada 02:02, 18 December 2005 (UTC)
Poll: Small penis humiliation and small breast humiliation
I added the word "adult" in front of "male's" and "female's" in the part mentioning small penis humiliation and small breast humiliation, respectively. I also wanted to Poll to see if others wanted to delete the mentioning of small breast humiliation, since, as a connoisseur of Small penis humiliation and sexual humiliation, I have never heard of small breast humiliation. Also an internet search yields very few results, almost all of which were bogus, if quotation marks are used around the search term. I was unable to find any examples on the internet of small breast humiliation being employed. By comparison something as obscure as "small penis humiliation" yields about 75,000 hits. Many of them credible links to phonesex sites actually practicing this technique. In addition I am aware that there are many SPH groups on yahoo, but I could find none about SBH. It appears that, if any females (or males as a humiliatrix) desire this technique, there is no evidence of its being carried out in practice and therefore should not be listed as a "means" (quoting the article) of erotic humiliation that is "verbal[ized]" often enough to merit mention. Others' comments opinions ideas about deleting the mention of small breast humiliation? SPHboy4 23:57, 13 April 2007 (UTC)
- You may be right, but the problem with much of this article is it's mostly original research. My suggestion is delete what does not make sense, but only add what can be documented.
- Polls are of little consequence around here. Google counts are a little better, but not hard evidence in this case — Google will be biased because of porn sites catering toward more profitable sexual interests. Lack of a pandering porn site does not ipso fact disprove a sexual subgroup. / edgarde 16:01, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
Humilatrix and sexual humilation are obviously linked - one is a person the other is the act. If enough material is there to have to separate entries they should be linked but not merged. human atm, Money Slavery, Cash Slave —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 11:32, 23 May 2011 (UTC)
At what point does one wonder
That a person must have some serious underlying psychological issues if they enjoy being humiliated to a rather extreme extent, such as in many of the examples cited in the article. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:04, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think you really have to wonder. Most people into this type of stuff, as well as BDSM in general, probably have some form of mental illness and/or were sexually abused as children. Much of it is very dark and even painful (literally). I'm not sure how a sane functioning person could be into fetishes that are this bizarre and extreme. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:14, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
- This is not a page for contemplating the morality or mental state of those that practice the subject of the article. Please keep the discussion to the editing, improvement, and expansion of the article. If the information you are describing comes from a reliable source, please add it to the article and cite it properly. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:27, 17 December 2013 (UTC)
Psychology of humiliation fantasies
The 'psychology' section has nothing in it about the actual psychology of humiliation - i.e. how we are to understand it psychologically. What motivates the desires and fantasies, what function do they serve, why it should be that humiliation or pain etc are arousing. It would be really helpful if someone could add something on this! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 20:05, 28 January 2014 (UTC)
Just curious about if there are people into this that are into it for purely financial reasons, not anything sexual.
The article states:
-Money slavery, in which the submissive must buy the dominant gifts and pay the dominant's bills and taxes
-Homework slavery, in which the submissive must do the dominant's homework or occupational work
Sign up as a male host on any sex video cam site and you will be bombarded by hordes of gay men begging you to humiliate them, begging you to degrade them, begging you to call them your slave. If you say you're straight and you're looking to service a female customer, these gay men will want you all the more. Dominate them, humiliate them, call them insulting names, and they will pay you loads of money. Makes you wonder if these humiliatees' masochistic urges foster some of the discrimination, prejudice and disgust they experience from others in real life. This page needs a strong, honest entry that explores the broken relationships, disempowerment, low self-esteem, and death ideation that can be caused by habitual indulgence in erotic humiliation. It can get so dysfunctional that the person wants to be be killed, or "snuffed" and then have things done to their corpse. In other words, they want to be disgraced even after they're dead. Erotic humiliation can get very destructive and out of hand. As this article stands, I think it is very indulgent and biased in favor of those who enjoy humiliation. A lot of the more disturbing aspects of it are glossed over or euphemized with elaborate semantics. This article reads like a "how-to" fan page for entertainment purposes as opposed to a balanced, encyclopedic entry.22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:40, 8 May 2013 (UTC)