|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Additional information and inline citations
I've edited this quickly and added some info and refs from Cheryl Andryco's page on Fontella. I'll try to add more refs from other sources as soon as possible but if anyone else want to pitch in that'd be cool.
- Dunks (talk) 23:22, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- According to credited Rescue Me songwriter Raynard Miner, Fontella had absolutely nothing to do with writing the song. Associated Press says there was a settlement in 1980, but BMI gives her no co-authorship claim or credit. --JCH (talk) 02:34, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
- That seems correct. I haven't seen any reliable sources that claim that the settlement she received was an acknowledgement of her having co-written the song - the assumption must be that it was in belated recognition of her rights as the performer on the recording. Ghmyrtle (talk) 10:23, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
I don't think there ever was a Sullivan Hotel in Chicago. There was, however, a Sutherland Hotel on 47th Street, which was a well-known destination for black jazz acts. Could the writer have meant the Sutherland? Wbkelley (talk) 06:51, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
Here's a link to a news story on the Sutherland Hotel: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9135370 JCH (talk) 21:47, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Fontella Bass. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://archive.is/20130127203405/http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/354032/3/Fontella-Bass-passes-away-following-heart-attack to http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/354032/3/Fontella-Bass-passes-away-following-heart-attack
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.