Talk:Foothill High School (Pleasanton, California)
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated Start-class)|
There's a lot of POV in this article, and not enough citations, especially in the band section. There's an especially long paragraph in the "In the News" section about a freshman girl in 1984, with no citation (and it probably shouldn't be in there anyways, as it's probably not "news" anymore). 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:57, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
Let's attempt to fix this...
Foothill High School, a four-year secondary school, is one of two comprehensive high schools and one alternative high school in the Pleasanton Unified School District, first opening in 1973. Currently enrolling about 2100 students--a student body that has doubled in the last eight years--the campus is located literally at the base of the foothills that border the inner eastern San Francisco Bay Area.
- From Wikipedia article
Foothill High School, a four-year secondary school, built in 1973, is one of two comprehensive high schools and one alternative high school in the Pleasanton Unified School District. Currently enrolling about 2100 students — a student body that has doubled in the last eight years — the campus is located literally at the base of the foothills that border the inner eastern San Francisco Bay Area.
--Stacey Doljack Borsody 17:07, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
Rather sad to see that the Amador Valley High School wikipedia article also copies word for word from the AHS website. --Stacey Doljack Borsody 17:12, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
I am a little disapointed that there is so much on the Marching Band. Yea, they are good and deserve respect, but come on....There is just so much fluff in there. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:19, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
I agree. While I hate to say it, rival school Amador Valley's page is eons ahead of Foothill's. This page needs to expand, to include more original information, as well as provide a neutral POV. Perhaps a piece on Bob Moorefield as well; he seemed to be a notable figure in California. --Falconrok5 (talk) 00:04, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- The article is a basic cut'n'paste copy from FHS's website, probably done by a current student. See [About Foothill]. I think this violates some sort of Wikipedia originality requirement. --Stacey Doljack Borsody 16:50, 28 December 2005 (UTC)
I changed the student body part around, there was too much gratutis information about the city and Silcon Valley and not enough about the actual student body. --User:WalterWalrus3
needs to be tagged for cleanup put under wikischools 18.104.22.168 05:36, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
What is notable?
- Selling something unusual on eBay is not notable. Foothill would be one of tens of thousands of unusual items listed on eBay. For sale on eBay have been souls, dates, entire countries, etc. eBay#Unusual_sale_items
- "They are one of fewer than 35 schools in the state to have maintained an increase in API score for four consecutive years." needs a citation - it is a specific, verifiable fact, the like of which spring up all over the web uncited and incorrect.
- I changed the wording of the world record section to not infringe on the copyright of the source.
- The source says that they've performed only four times at the Rose Bowl Parade.
- The cited source does not list the band's size.
- "Stunningly talented" violates Wikipedia's Neutral Point of View policy
- The "1,500 awards" claim comes with no mention of what "most" means, and requires additional, third party, citation according to WP:Reliable sources#Self-published sources in articles about themselves.
- The "freak dancing" "controversy" included notes about citation in other media. Until those media sources are cited, this information is not verified and does not belong in an encyclopedia.
- The student opinions and names of senior prankers are original research.
********** 04:13, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Foothill High School (Pleasanton, California). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121119103703/http://www.osubeavers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mannion_sean00.html to http://www.osubeavers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mannion_sean00.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.