|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Frédéric Bastiat article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|The Arbitration Committee has authorized uninvolved administrators to impose discretionary sanctions on users who edit pages related to , including this article.
Provided the awareness criteria are met, discretionary sanctions may be used against editors who repeatedly or seriously fail to adhere to the purpose of Wikipedia, any expected standards of behaviour, or any normal editorial process.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Link for 'The Law'
Here is a web link for ``The Law`` as published on mises.org. I noticed footnote 12 merely cites the source but doesn't provide a link. I would add it myself, but I'm not much of a wikipedian and would be afraid of doing it wrong. So I just thought I'd suggest it here.
Good opinion to include
Where is the link to 19th century American economists influenced by Bastiat?
There used to be a link in this article to 19th century American economists influenced by Bastiat (including the main American economics textbook of the mid 19th century), what happened to the link?126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:09, 19 October 2012 (UTC) There should be a link to Arthur Latham Perry here188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:09, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
The Law (1850 book) has <30 page watchers while this one has 89. So, rather than post formal "merge to" templates, I will simply ask: what do watchers think of a WP:BLAR of The Law to this article? – S. Rich (talk) 02:59, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
Update: with the exception of the list of people mentioned by Bastiat in that article, the material is C&P'd into this article. IOW, The Law is ready for a BLAR. – S. Rich (talk) 19:23, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Please see next topic on this Talk page; copying the article from The Law onto this page has repeated exactly the same concepts (but using different words) of approx 1/2 of another section ("Views") that is already in this article.
- As a 2nd and separate problem: Some info in the article "The Law (1850 book)" would be lost, and I don't think there's any way to fit that sort of minutia into THIS (a more generalized) article, and yet I found some of that info that you're proposing to delete to be valuable (e.g. the list of contemporaries Bastiat's The Law talks about is very useful--as somebody who never before has read that "The Law (1850 book)" article, and less valuable than that list of people is the fact that Candlemakers' Petition etc are found within The Law).
- So, for both reasons, can we keep linking from this article to "The Law (1850 book)"?
Merge "The Law (1850)" into "Views"?
Related to the last comment by S.Rich, I'd like to propose another type of "merge":
Note that the newly written (or re-written?) section called "The Law (1850)" mostly covers topics that were already covered in the section "Views".
"The Law (1850) DOES add a LITTLE unique content (some relevant & poignant quotes of Bastiat) that I'd like to see added to "Views" -- but only if no one has any objections within 30 to 60 days from today? (I might merge-then-delete info from "The Law (1850)" if no one else does, if also nobody objects to this in a timely manner.) 184.108.40.206 (talk) 08:59, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
Perhaps we should mention that his work was published in seven volumes (six in the first edition) as Oeuvres complètes de Frédéric Bastiat (Paris: Guillaumin, 2nd Ed. 1862-4). I think it's safe to say that this was and is the most comprehensive and accessible format of his work. It is available through Liberty Fund , Google Books, partially from Project Gutenberg, and Archive.org.Rextacy3 (talk) 19:09, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Frédéric Bastiat. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120913070343/http://freeaudio.org/fbastiat/thelaw.html to http://www.freeaudio.org/fbastiat/thelaw.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.