|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Geography article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: Index, 1|
|Geography has been listed as a level-2 vital article in Geography. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|WikiProject Geography||(Rated C-class, Top-importance)|
|This subject is featured in the Outline of geography, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, is part of Wikipedia's Outline of Knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
|Wikipedia Version 1.0 Editorial Team / v0.5 / Vital / Core||(Rated C-class, Top-importance)|
|This article is written in British English with Oxford spelling (colour, realize, organization, analyse; note that -ize is used instead of -ise). Some terms used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Any threads with no replies in 3 months may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
Which caption is more correct:
- Self portrait of Alexander von Humboldt, one of the early pioneers of geography
- Self portrait of Alexander von Humboldt, one of the early pioneers of geography as an academic subject in modern sense
Geography and planning
- Hampl, Martin (2000). Reality, Society and Geographical/Environmental Organization: Searching for an Integrated Order. DemoArt & Charles University, Faculty of Science. ISBN 80-902686-2-5.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Geography. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20161018192946/http://www.rgs.org/AboutUs/About+us.htm to http://www.rgs.org/AboutUs/about+us.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.rgo.org.ru/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
While "geography" once applied only to the Earth, we have an article called Geography of Mars. Others, not least NASA, use the term "Lunar geography". Ho can we deal with this, in this article? Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 18:55, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
- Well, the article is about the Earth science (which is still the principal meaning of the word), not the word itself. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to briefly mention that the word is now applied extraterrestrially, but I don't suppose those applications need to be discussed in this article. RivertorchFIREWATER 06:14, 29 March 2017 (UTC)