Talk:George David Birkhoff
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I read about Birkhoff's work on black holes in Kip Thorne's Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein's Outrageous Legacy, the citation is on page 213.
I removed Category:Anti-Semitic people since the article clearly states that it is unclear whether he held such views. Fastrak 22:19, 3 June 2006 (UTC)
- Norbert Wiener in his autobiography is clear on the subject. I added a reference. Pierre de Lyon (talk) 12:54, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- Einstein accused Birkhoff Senior of being anti-Jewish generally, not just in employment policy.
- Admittedly, as has already been noted, anti-Jewish opinions were common with those of Birkhoff's back-ground
- and generation.
WikiProject class rating
This article was automatically assessed because at least one WikiProject had rated the article as stub, and the rating on other projects was brought up to Stub class. BetacommandBot 09:44, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
Award in his name
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on George David Birkhoff. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20060422022803/http://www.ams.org:80/online_bks/coll9/ to http://www.ams.org/online_bks/coll9/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.