|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
the 3 year ban
He said in 2008 that he would not race for Germany, because he wishes to represent Australia in the 2010 World Championship and there is a 3 year ban before you can represent another country. So technically that is 2 years and as of 2009, he is representing Germany at Tour de France. So this makes things clear he will not represent Australia in 2010. Norum (talk) 23:04, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- When was the last time he raced for Germany? I can't find his name listed at either the 2006 or 2007 world championships. When he races for his trade team, he isn't quite "representing Germany"... his licence states that his nationality is German and so on all documents, captions etc the German flag, word Germany or three letter code GER will appear by him but that's not the same as riding for a German representative team like at the world championships. Thanks, SeveroTC 00:18, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Not in the same way as riding for the Germany national cycling team at a world championship event. He hasn't ridden for the national team for a number of years - possibly since 2004 (that's the last time I can find at the moment). Riding for a trade team has no affect on the time between riding for one country and another. SeveroTC 10:47, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Not sure how best to work this in, but there's indication that he will switch his nation of registry to Australia in 2010 - :
"You could see on the finish line... the emotions were going crazy. I really tried hard today, and that's why I couldn't hold the tears back," said Haussler, who's due to change his nationality from German to Australian next year, the home of his birthplace in Inverell, New South Wales.
"As I'm starting to get older, I feel more Australian. That's why I made the decision," Haussler said of his intended re-alliance, telling reporters one can already celebrate his win as an Australian victory. "It's always been in the back of my head, the last two or three years. Definitely, when I retire, I want to go back to Australia."
4:11 later saw the arrival of the second-placed rider, Amets Txurruka (Euskatel-Euskadi). Brice Feillu (AG2R) was next, 6:13 behind, followed by Chavanel at 6:31, and 6:43 after Haussler was Milram's Peter Velits, who led a 57-strong group across the line that included the maillot jaune of Rinaldo Nocentini (AG2R).
So would this make him German-Australian or Australian-German? Is he the latter now, and going to be former when this happens? He is Australian by birth and German by heritage - people who change nationalities do so going away from their birth nation, this is unique to my knowledge. Nosleep break my slumber 06:32, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Heinrich Haussler. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091004041854/http://www.inverelltimes.com.au/news/local/sport/cycling/heinrich-asks-haus-that/1573641.aspx to http://www.inverelltimes.com.au/news/local/sport/cycling/heinrich-asks-haus-that/1573641.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.