Talk:John Stanley (cartoonist)
|WikiProject Biography / Arts and Entertainment||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Comics / Creators / United States||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|A fact from John Stanley (cartoonist) appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 27 May 2008, and was viewed approximately 518 times (disclaimer) (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
Was Mr. Moppet usually proved to be guilty when The Spider accused him? I had the impression otherwise but Cesar_Tort edited the article saying that recently re-reading the comics convinces him he was usually guilty. And one online review of the series seems to bear this out: "About 90% of the time, it turns out that Mr. Moppet actually was the culprit. The rest of the time, it was usually Tubby himself." Dgabbard (talk) 01:39, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- as far as I can recall from all 'The Spider' stories, Mr. Moppet was usally always the culprit, and rarely Tubby. I think it all cases it was always an accident that something occured, with Lulu getting the blame. ---emb021
Drawn & Quarterly John Stanley Library
At 2012 Comic Con when asked D&Q about the status of the Library they said one further Nancy volume is to come out in early 2013 and no other are volumes planned at this time. If true the reprint section will eventually need updated to reflect the series isn't to include all that was originally promised.Dgabbard (talk) 22:36, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
Need for incline citations?
Tenebrae in edit comments states "woefully underfootnoted, which is distressing since there's an extensive "Further reading" list)". I looked at the Jack Abel entry Tenebrae created and it doesn't seem to reflect a need to festoon an entry with footnotes to document every bit of information in it. I removed the notice of a need for more inline citations Tenebrae placed on the entry. There doesn't seem to be a need for more of them to any extent IMHO.Dgabbard (talk) 22:55, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
Links to scans?
There are links given to several pirated comics. Are links to scans of copyright work allowed, when Wikipedia itself has conditions to be met when displaying an image? Seems to be a double standard operating…? Jock123 (talk) 13:35, 4 May 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on John Stanley (cartoonist). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/5sgYUs1cp?url=http://twomorrows.com/alterego/articles/12fox.html to http://twomorrows.com/alterego/articles/12fox.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080626204233/http://www.comixology.com/articles/45/All-the-Comics-in-the-World-12 to http://www.comixology.com/articles/45/All-the-Comics-in-the-World-12
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081010000327/http://www.gemstonepub.com/archive/05_cbpg.asp to http://www.gemstonepub.com/archive/05_cbpg.asp
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110725185818/http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_inkpot.php to http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_inkpot.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080515092153/http://www.chancefiveash.com/last_of_the_spinner_rack_junkies.htm to http://www.chancefiveash.com/last_of_the_spinner_rack_junkies.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.