|WikiProject Days of the year|
Selected anniversaries for the "On this day" section of the Main Page
|Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before editing this box.|
Deaths of non-human animals
- "Longest living Chinese river dolphin"? Well, I guess it makes sense -- doesn't seem to be on the same fame scale as the other entities listed -- but I'm putting my foot down at the death of Vaudeville. -- ESP 17:53 23 Jul 2003 (UTC)
- Vaudeville is not dead. It's just resting. -- Someone else 22:09 23 Jul 2003 (UTC) (ba-dum-bum).
- If the animals are relatively famous it seems to make sense to me. For example, when Koko dies, I think it'd be appropriate to note in that section. --Delirium 20:00 24 Jul 2003 (UTC)
- Is there a guideline as to whether the oldest of each animal should be listed? Jim Michael (talk) 00:36, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
1989 F-16 issue
The page for the F-16 states that the aircraft's first combat shootdown was of a MIG-21 in 1981 (no specific date given); July 14, 1989 is not discussed.
2006 issues are not historically important
I read the standards for historical dates page and it states only mark events of significant historical importance. The 10th season of Stargate and a football scandal in Italy seem relatively minor in the scheme of history (specifically on the date july 14th). Perhaps the mention of stargate as the longest running american scifi show would be more appropriate at its starting date.
I do however find the current state of war between Hezbollah and Israel significant, however.
I am deleting the entries concerning the italian football scandal and the 10th season of stargate becuse they are not significantly historically important. -- (Zerton 19:20, 15 July 2006 (UTC))
- I have reinstated the Italian football scandal - I would disagree that it is not historically important - if it is important enough to have a dedicated article here at WP then it is definitely important enough to be mentioned in the date page. I agree with the Stargate one though. SFC9394 20:14, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
- In 10 years i doubt anyone will care. -(Zerton 19:20, 15 July 2006 (UTC))
- I 100% disagree - something like this is most definately a major event, and most definately needs to be noted here. SFC9394 09:52, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
F-16 shootdown 1989
The July 14 1989 F-16 shootdown of a Mig-21 was not the first or a milestone of any kind. recommend editing it off. --Wildweasel89 13:35, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
- Since you know it was the wrong date why did you not remove it, putting a comment in the edit summary saying why you had removed it. --Drappel 19:52, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
Deusdedit of Canterbury
Clicking through on Deusdedit in the death list, one is immediately confronted with the fact that his date of death is in dispute. It ends with "Abels considers that date to be the best fit for the available data", that's just for historical planning. I'm not confident that it should be removed but it seems a bit odd. AkaSylvia (talk) 23:44, 17 July 2012 (UTC)