|WikiProject Indigenous peoples of the Americas||(Rated Stub-class)|
|WikiProject Indigenous peoples of North America||(Rated Stub-class)|
i'm doing research on eskimo dialects. i had no idea there were so many of them...
Gringo300 09:29, 17 November 2005 (UTC)
This reversal is bizarre. No explanation is given as to why all of the edits I made were wrong.
- "|fam2=[[Eskimo languages|Eskimo]]" is a redirect to Eskimo–Aleut languages and "|fam3=[[Inuit language|Inuit]]" is a redirect to Inuit languages.
- According to Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Lead section#First sentence the article title should be subject of the sentence which it wasn't. The first sentence already says that Kangiryuarmiutun is a dialect so there is no need to repeat it. "Kangiryuarmiut dialect" isn't something that is used for this so it shouldn't be there.
- "by Kangiryuarmiut people of Copper Inuit" is a poorly structured sentence. "by the Kangiryuarmiut, a Copper Inuit people" makes more sense.
- "[[Inuvialuk language|Inuvialuktun]] is a redirect to Inuvialuktun and "[[Inuinnaq dialect|Inuinnaqtun]] redirects to Inuinnaqtun
- As per WP:OVERLINKING I unlinked Kangiryuarmiut and Copper Inuit in the 2nd paragraph but forgot to unlink English language.
- In the "Vocabulary comparison" section I changed "The comparison of some animal names in the Siglitun dialect of [[Inuvialuktun]] language and Kangiryuarmiutun subdialect of [[Inuinnaqtun]] dialect of [[Inuvialuktun]] language:" to "The comparison of some animal names in the [[Siglitun]] and Kangiryuarmiutun subdialects of the Inuinnaqtun dialect of Inuvialuktun:" Unlinking Inuvialuktun (twice in one sentence) and Inuinnaqtun all of which had been linked to before. I linked Siglitun because it had not been linked before.
- I fixed all the animals so they were not redirects. Of course jaeger is not a link to a disambiguation page. The actual page wanted was skua.
- I removed "* [[Siglitun dialect|Siglitun]]" because it was a redirect and it was linked in the article. I also fixed the "* [[Uummarmiutun dialect|Uummarmiutun]] redirect.
So what exactly was the problem with these edits. Based on this and the other two, Talk:Uummarmiutun#Unexplained reversion and Talk:Inuinnaqtun#Reversion of edit, it looks petty and as if it was done out of spite. CBWeather, Talk, Seal meat for supper? 12:27, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Kangiryuarmiutun. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110706175654/http://www.eirb.ca/pdf/ccp/Ulukhaktok_CCP.pdf to http://www.eirb.ca/pdf/ccp/Ulukhaktok_CCP.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.