|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I am the owner of the www.katrinapatchett.com website from which this biographical information was taken and donate its use for the first Katrina Patchett article.
- If you own such website, it's likely that you have a conflict of interest. You shouldn't edit topics you're associated with. Zakhalesh (talk) 15:15, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
She just won the first Dancing with the Stars season in France last night and there is no page for her. All information from her website was directly provided to the editor by Katrina Patchett herself. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Brennac (talk • contribs) 15:18, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
- Winning contests doesn't automatically make her notable (see WP:GNG). Also, if the material for the page was provided by herself, isn't this an autobiography? There's still a conflict of interest. Zakhalesh (talk) 15:20, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
Does winning a television program that garners 5.5 million views in an evening as France's number one television program not count as "significant coverage" - there are a number of articles and news sources that cite this. Additionally, the information was provided by Ms. Patchett, but drafted and edited by others.
- Why don't you add the sources in the article then? In any case, being notable for more than one event would be appreciated. Zakhalesh (talk) 15:26, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
I'll start citing the facts in the article from other sources. She is also the Champion of Ballroom Dancing of France, which is another significant event that garners international attention. Brennac (talk) 15:31, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
- Go ahead in adding these in the article. WP:REFB may be helpful. Note that the article gives a lot of weight on less notable facts about Patchett, it should be focused on the facts that make her notable. By the way, you should always sign your comment by typing four tildes ~~~~ after your message. It'll leave your user name, link to your talk page and a timestamp, like the one behind my messages. Zakhalesh (talk) 15:32, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
- I also removed the db-template - the article won't be safe from deletion (especially since all unsourced biographies may be deleted via WP:BLPPROD) but I think it deserves a fair chance. Good luck and enjoy editing Wikipedia! Zakhalesh (talk) 15:35, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
I'd like to add hyperlinks to references, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Also, I'm not sure how to establish a biography/professional section separate from a personal biography. Brennac (talk) 15:40, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
- WP:REFB should contain everything you'll need for referencing. As for the prose formation, I can't really help there, but it doesn't have to be perfect the first time round. Zakhalesh (talk) 15:52, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
Two references have been added 220.127.116.11 (talk) 11:51, 22 March 2011 (UTC) Two references have been added. Brennac (talk) 11:55, 22 March 2011 (UTC)This article in its current form is completely unreferenced and fails to meet Wikipedia criteria for inclusion. Reliable third party sources must be supplied (national newspapers, etc). Please click these links for more information and the kind of sources required to assert and confirm notability, and how to cite them in the article.