|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Kelly Richey article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This page was nominated for deletion on 19 October 2011 (UTC). The result of the discussion was keep.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Start-class)|
|To-do list for Kelly Richey:|
Juliehermes - would you be interested in working together on this? I've wanted to work on a page that had just been started to see how good we can make it. Rock on----Geneb1955Talk/CVU 02:34, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
Thanks and sounds great!
Geneb1955 glad you are a new Kelly Richey fan! I first found out about her about four years ago. She is awesome live. You should check her out in October when she comes to the west coast- if you are near where she is playing? Anyway, about the article/page...I don't have any experience with wikipedia as this is my first posting, so I will look for some examples of tables. Posting her tracks and organizing the discography sounds great. In addition, I will review the "meat" of her career bio and see if there is more to add, or all new categories as well. I hope this is correct in adding a "talk" comment for you to see. I am still finding my way around the Wiki. Juliehermes 13:03, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
- Great this will work just fine. Since you're new, I won't feel bad about offering tips that will make your life easier. Here's the first three (started as one, but to demonstrate, it incorporates two more).
- numbered lists By starting a new line with a # you can number the indented lines.
- displaying wikicode I didn't really need to do this above, but it might come in handy as we work on a table. Codes that would normally be processed by wiki to bold or embed a template (I could come up with hundreds of examples) can be surrounded by <nowiki>... code would go here</nowiki> and you can see the code withouth going to the edit page/edit section.
- This is the one tip that generated the others above. To nest conversations, start the line with a colon. I will use the nowiki to show an example below:
This line has no colon in at the start. It is not indented.
:This line will be indented one tab stop.
::This line will be indented two tab stops. Each colon will increase the indent. This way we don't have to start a new section for each reply in the conversation to keep it readible. It starts to look like a nested forum. --Geneb1955Talk/CVU 13:28, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
proposed career section changes
Kelly Richey's first instrument was the piano. Her second instrument was a drum kit that her neighbor let her take home. After a couple of months of playing drums in her bedroom, her father offered to buy her anything she wanted. This lead to introduction to the guitar as a teenager.
Richey joined the Arista Records group, Stealin' Horses in 1986. In 1990, she formed The Kelly Richey Band (KRB), featuring Kelly as a lead blues rock guitarist and vocalist. KRB is back by David Clawson on drums and Jimmy Valdez on bass.
KRB tours nationally and internationally.
- I would like to include her background in gospel music. Most of the changes were taken from the video clip on her web page. Didn't want to leave out the rest of the band. I play guitar, drums and bass. Drums and bass are always left out (those songs cary a great bass line). That's it - I'm going to bed! --Geneb1955Talk/CVU 14:14, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
- I updated her bio a bit. See what you think. Can you upload her DVD pic from her website and any other pics that might be there from albums I don't yet have pics of? OR, can you tell me how to do this properly so that I site them correctly and wiki doesn't boot them out? What next on the tables? THanks. Juliehermes 03:34, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
How do we add tracks? I am not sure how to properly upload mp3 files so wiki doesn't boot it? Juliehermes 03:41, 31 July 2006 (UTC)