Talk:List of French possessions and colonies
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Article is a generous and at best tenuous laundry-list. Does not distinguish between French presences and actual colonial possessions or administrations. Needs to be thoroughly vetted and irrelevant additions ought to be omitted. e.g. Cites Ganghwa in Korea as a French possession. Odd that an outpost seized for ten days in 1866 before retreating would be listed as a "possession."
This page verges on the grotesque. Tons of examples of a spot somewhere in the world that might have been visited by a French ship at a given time or occupied by a French force for 3 weeks. Enough to raise that spot to the status of "French colony".
A typical example of La Fontaine's Frog that wants to be as big as a bull
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on List of French possessions and colonies. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110720203357/http://webtice.ac-guyane.fr/histgeo/IMG/pdf/le_conteste_franco-bresilien-4.pdf to http://webtice.ac-guyane.fr/histgeo/IMG/pdf/le_conteste_franco-bresilien-4.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100911071248/http://www.consulfrance-jerusalem.org/france_jerusalem/spip.php?rubrique383 to http://www.consulfrance-jerusalem.org/france_jerusalem/spip.php?rubrique383
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131002171809/http://www.kerguelen-voyages.com/c/95/p/b0ef218cd2b18874c9a7d4b61925146f/Kerguelen-yves-tremarec-james-cook-asia-hillsborough-rhodes.html to http://www.kerguelen-voyages.com/c/95/p/b0ef218cd2b18874c9a7d4b61925146f/Kerguelen-yves-tremarec-james-cook-asia-hillsborough-rhodes.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120320082134/http://www.maranhao.fr/index_0.php to http://www.maranhao.fr/index_0.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110706154626/http://www.topdobrasil.com.br/histoire/france-antarctique/france-antarctique.php to http://www.topdobrasil.com.br/histoire/france-antarctique/france-antarctique.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Anon-created crazy map
This is beyond hilarious: that world map claims practically entire Europe, all the way to Russia, was French territory... are you people for real? :) Or is this some weirdo dorky joke nobody other than its creator can understand...? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Szlevi (talk • contribs) 22:42, 13 June 2017 (UTC)