Talk:List of Irish music collectors
|While the biographies of living persons policy does not apply directly to the subject of this article, it may contain material that relates to living persons, such as friends and family of persons no longer living, or living persons involved in the subject matter. Unsourced or poorly sourced contentious material about living persons must be removed immediately. If such material is re-inserted repeatedly, or if there are other concerns related to this policy, please see .|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
can you please give suggestions?Durrus 14:18, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
- As I have mentioned a couple of times already on your talk page, you might start with the Wikipedia:Manual of Style. In most of your edits (not just this entry), you are not following the standards for headings (use two "equals" for the top level heading, three for the next sub-level, etc.), listing of references, "see also" sections, etc. Also, try to use full sentences, not fragments, and avoid empty sections (such as the ones in this article for Goodman, O'Neill, and others). Additionally, every article should be in at least one category.
- More specific to this article: since this entry is a list (at least in name), it should be just that - a list (in alphabetical or some other logical order), with perhaps one line entries for each person. For example:
- Each entry should be a link to an article on that person. Links to non-existent entries (see Wikipedia:Red link) are OK here - even desirable, as they serve to indicate which articles need to be written. Dsreyn 17:35, 12 July 2006 (UTC)
Is it possible to shift chunks of an article to a new article without retyping?Durrus 08:02, 13 July 2006 (UTC)
- The easiest way is, edit the existing article, copy the desired using your web browser's editing functions (typically done by selecting text, then Ctl-C). Then edit the new article and do a paste (typically Ctl-V). Dsreyn 12:04, 13 July 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of Irish music collectors. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060715054045/http://www.bc.edu/libraries/centers/burns/services/irishmusic/overview/ to http://www.bc.edu/libraries/centers/burns/services/irishmusic/overview/
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.