Talk:List of Microsoft Windows components
|WikiProject Microsoft / Windows||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Computing||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Lists||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
soo, what exactly isnt up to date --22.214.171.124 02:05, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- I'm in the process of moving everything into tables, and locating other articles which need to be in this list. But more significantly, there are a number of components that need to be listed that Wikipedia doesn't have articles for... we need to get all that into this article. -/- Warren 02:17, 11 July 2006
Can an article about Windows Components be considered complete when, although referred to in context, there is no mention of the Registry as a component part of Windows? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:10, 6 May 2007 (UTC).
Private Character Editor
Someone should add "Private Character Editor", it is part of all Windows XP as "Eudcedit.exe", it is shown in the "System Tools" in the Chinese editions of Windows XP. --Voidvector 19:17, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
As this article is growing people are deleting components from previous operating systems. This should be split instead of deleted!
- I agree. There should be pages such as List of Windows 95 components, List of Windows 98 components, List of Windows ME components, List of Windows 2000 components, List of Windows XP components, and List of Windows Vista components. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by MichaelR. (talk • contribs) 15:08, 18 March 2007 (UTC).
Fair use criteria
The use of images not in compliance with our fair-use criteria or our policy on nonfree content is not appropriate, and the images have been removed. Please do not restore them. — Moe ε 22:59, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
- What does it violate? Their usage is not purely decorative. There is critical commentary for each and every component listed here. FUC does not list how long the commentary has to be! --soum talk 07:02, 7 June 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Paint Vista.png
Image:Paint Vista.png is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to ensure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
Image copyright problem with Image:Hearts Vista.png
The image Image:Hearts Vista.png is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
The following images also have this problem:
- File:WordPad Vista.png
- File:Windows Movie Maker Vista.png
- File:Windows Meeting Space Vista.png
- File:Windows Mail Vista.png
- File:Windows Fax and Scan Vista Fax.png
- File:Windows DVD Maker Vista.png
- File:Windows Calendar.png
- File:Spider Solitaire Vista.png
- File:Solitaire Vista.png
- File:Private Character Editor Vista.png
- File:MCE 2005.png
- Image:WordPad Vista.png
- Image:Windows Photo Gallery Vista.png
- Image:Windows Movie Maker Vista.png
- Image:Windows Meeting Space Vista.png
- Image:Windows Mail Vista.png
- Image:Windows Journal.png
- Image:Windows Internet Explorer 7 Vista.png
- Image:Windows Fax and Scan Vista Fax.png
- Image:Windows Easy Transfer.png
- Image:Windows DVD Maker Vista.png
- Image:Windows Contacts.png
- Image:Windows Calendar.png
- Image:Spider Solitaire Vista.png
- Image:Solitaire Vista.png
- Image:Remote Assistance XPsystem.PNG
- Image:Purble Place Vista.png
- Image:Private Character Editor.png
- Image:Notepad Vista.png
- File:Windows Media Center on Windows 7.png
- Image:Mahjong Titans Vista.png
- Image:InkBall Vista.png
- Image:Hold 'Em Vista.png