Talk:List of best-selling Wii video games
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of best-selling Wii video games article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
date of publication
- I don't like the current format. First, I would put the name first, before the date of publication. Second, why the North America publication date? Why not the first one instead? And I still think the tables help only when you are going to add some more context information about the game, not simply for sorting purposes. -- ReyBrujo (talk) 02:07, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- I have to agree. The table doesn't really add anything to the article, and it actually makes it more difficult for the average user to update. 16:40, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
I have changed the table to put the name first. The reason I put up the North American dates is simply because I live in North America. I think that adding the first date available is an excellent idea, but not instead. Date columns can be very narrow, no need to limit ourselves to just one. The addition of the date was absolutly vital for my purposes. I need to be able to sort the list chronologically. This list is useless to me if it is only sorted by sales numbers. I have to imagine that I'm not the only one who needs this information like this. Tables might be more difficult for the average user to update, but so are inline citations (see below). Instead of doing away with tables because they are difficult, we should try to find some way to make them easier, such as providing a link to the appropriate how-to page. --ErinHowarth (talk) 20:16, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- I propose removing the North American release date per WP:CSB. You may be shocked to know that over 90% of the world's population does not live in North America. Stifle (talk) 14:05, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
New sales data
The latest earnings reports form Nintendo at http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2009/090508.pdf shows these sales numbers: Wii Sports: 45.71 million Wii Fit: 18.22 million Mario Kart Wii: 15.4 million Wii Play: 22.98 million Smash Bros. Brawl: 8.43 million Animal Crossing: City Folk: 3.38 million Wii Music: 2.65 million Link's Crossbow Training: 3.76 million Mario Galaxy: 8.02 million Mario Party 8: 6.72 million Mario Super Sluggers: 1.26 million
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Sports Resort has sold at least 3.1 million, due to adding Australia's 100,000 http://palgn.com.au/nintendo-wii/15163/resort-sports-sells-100-000/ 188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:59, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
22 First-party / 54 Third-party Million Sellers
Just some info to help this list. At Nintendo's Media Summit today it was announced that 22 first-party and 54 third-party games have sold over 1 million copies.  -Zomic13 (talk) 18:48, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- Then Super Mario Bros. shouldn't count as the best-selling game for the NES, as it was packed in with the system as well. Wii Sports stays on the list. --ThomasO1989 (talk) 12:50, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 14 external links on List of best-selling Wii video games. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110919123847/http://www.gamespot.com/wii/driving/mariokart/similar.html?mode=versions to http://www.gamespot.com/wii/driving/mariokart/similar.html?mode=versions
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gamersblog.guinnessworldrecords.com/_The-Godfather-of-Gaming-is-Back/BLOG/2348305/4121.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090111031100/http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/index.php?v=news&p=18440 to http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/index.php?v=news&p=18440
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110926200636/http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29626/new-nintendo-wii-release-schedule/ to http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29626/new-nintendo-wii-release-schedule/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111116234425/http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=31536 to http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=31536
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111220201325/http://www.eurogamer.net/game/monster-hunter-tri-wii to http://www.eurogamer.net/game/monster-hunter-tri-wii
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100314114926/http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/21816/ to http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/21816/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100827160014/http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=25032 to http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=25032
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110924201805/http://www.nintendo.co.jp/schedule/1110.html to https://www.nintendo.co.jp/schedule/1110.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120322195145/http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=catalogue&prodcat_id=&prod_id=21142&pageID=4 to https://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=catalogue&prodcat_id=&prod_id=21142&pageID=4
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150208030840/http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html to http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080805083649/http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/wii.php to http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/wii.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110525174901/http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/familyski/similar.html?mode=versions to http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/familyski/similar.html?mode=versions
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080929214326/http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-4320-Rock-Band-Price-Cut-for-Europe-UK.html to http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-4320-Rock-Band-Price-Cut-for-Europe-UK.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.