Talk:List of power stations in Tasmania
|WikiProject Energy||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Australia / Tasmania||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
Lake MArgaret has been turned off (see article) but the Hydro web page has it as still active, so its anyones guess! :) User:SatuSuro 14:55, 24 July 2006 (UTC)
- In which case, it should be removed from the list of active power stations. It is still a member of Category:Power stations in Australia, however, so is not an orphan.
I agree that most of these power stations are Hydro Tasmania, but not all - Woolnorth Wind Farm is technically Roaring 40s, not Hydro per se, and McRobies Gully is AGL. Thus, I'm removing the comment that they're "all Hydro Tasmania". Webaware 13:36, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- Good. I was about to do the same. --SimonJones 13:49, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks guys, but there is a need to identify Hydro vs others maybe? The point being that joe bloe with no knowledge of that has no way of distinguishing Hydro and non hydro units from this list? User:SatuSuro 13:52, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- The list for Tasmania conforms to the lists set up for the other states. Those lists currently don't state ownership. --SimonJones 14:11, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- Heheh, therein lies a challenge! :) User:SatuSuro 14:27, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- Bad idea, methinks. Ownership changes over time, and this is easy to reflect in the article for the specific power station but would be a PITA if you had to chase around WP looking for such references to update them. If you want to collect such information about the company, it would be best to do so on the article for that company - e.g. Hydro Tasmania could list all its power stations (and other assets). Webaware 14:44, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- Fair enough, good reasoning! User:SatuSuro 11:11, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
1MW floor on list candidates
I have set a minimum of 1MW generation capacity for power stations on this list. This is pretty arbitrary, but there needs to be a cutoff somewhere, otherwise you get the situation where either every power generation construction is listed, or private installations of some magnitude aren't listed, neither of which are desirable. I figure that 1MW is starting to contribute considerably to the generation capacity of the state as a whole. Webaware 11:06, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- Good idea User:SatuSuro 11:11, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of power stations in Tasmania. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120324111003/http://www.hydro.com.au/system/files/attachments/Gordon_Power_Station-Fact-Sheets.pdf to http://www.hydro.com.au/system/files/attachments/Gordon_Power_Station-Fact-Sheets.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.