Does anyone know the exact year that Loompanics started? The table says 1991 but the text says the company has been around for 30 years (but as of when?) -- Gyrofrog (talk) 21:01, 3 February 2006 (UTC)
- Loompanics was around as early as 1978 and was located in the Midwest at the time. Michigan, I think. They were already in Port Townsend well before 1991. Somebody who knows more needs to correct the date. 18.104.22.168 02:00, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
- Mike Hoy started Loompanics Unlimited in East Lansing, Michigan, in 1975.   — RVJ 00:52, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
Seems Paladin Press has picked up 40 titles from Loompanics to sell. Good to hear that some of the titles won't go by the wayside, a shame that they couldn't pick more up, but some is better than none.
I haven't been able to find anything to support the conflict with Reason Magazine and some of the details, like rejection for a nude drawing, don't make any sense considering that Reason was publishing ads with nudity during the time period. The editor who added this section hasn't contributed since 2005. At first, I changed it based on my own WP:OR, but realized that that answers the question. It's rumor, so it's gone. –BozoTheScary (talk) 23:16, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
- The incident to which you refer was mentioned in an article in Loompanics itself. Aldrich Hanssen (talk) 10:36, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
It's too bad to see Loompanics go. They gathered a lot of useful / amusing / inspiring information under one roof. If nothing else, it helped one get in the habit of thinking outside the box in one's search for solutions. I know that their activities have essentially been broken up, with the different books either going out of print or being reprinted by a variety of other publishers. Is there anything left on the scale and in the nature of Loompanics? Aldrich Hanssen (talk) 10:36, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
While there are some sources out there pointing out that Lou Rollins worked at Loompanics, they all clearly fail WP:RS. A good source for his proofreading days at Loompanics would be nice. In fact, an article on Lou might be worthwhile. The guy sounds like he's taken an interesting journey through life, though not a very pretty one. —BozoTheScary (talk) 03:45, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Loompanics. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/FirstTime.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070626045114/http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/whycorporations.html to http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/whycorporations.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070423085518/http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/CovertCensorship.html to http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/CovertCensorship.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.authorviews.com/authors/04bf_hoy.php
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.