|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- "releasing their most metal release Under the Moonspell" - What is this supposed to mean? 22.214.171.124 05:40, 22 Sep 2004 (UTC)
- I assume "most metal" refers to the sound of the album, ie. being "more metal-soundish" than the other albums. Unfortunately, I haven't heard all of their albums so I can't judge; I just wanted to wikify the page a bit. Toreau 06:17, 22 Sep 2004 (UTC)
- This sounds a bit too much like a marketing page (talking about unforgettable performances etc) - needs some tidying up Gil-Galad
Gothic Doom vs Black Doom vs Gothic Metal etc
I just wanted to say that I agree it is much better to simply state in the article that there is a debate rather than pointlessly change it from one to the other. After all, Moonspell is pretty hard to categorize - the albums are quite different from one another. Kailoran
- Do something along the lines of Nightwish's lead paragraph, if you want. --Sn0wflake 21:58, 5 January 2006 (UTC)
- I thought id already done that from my own inititive and fixed this issue? Leyasu 00:02, 6 January 2006 (UTC)
- You did, and I agree it's better. Kailoran 15:20, 9 January 2006 (UTC)
Ehm, but Moonspell is not a doom band... according to Metal Archives and AMG, gothic is their principal style, for gothic/doom I think about ToT, earlier TG etc.
- I agree with this. There is nothing remotely Doom metal about their style, as their music is not incredibly slow or depressive (see doom-metal.com). I would say a hybrid of gothic metal and death metal would best describe their style. --Fred138 02:19, 11 October 2006 (UTC)
My position on this is that the Gothic-Doom tag should stay until me and neutral editors who make good faith edits, can go over the Gothic-Doom section of the Gothic Metal article and better explain the Goth Metal/Atmospheric Doom thing. That way, the link goes directly to the right part to a degree - thus no major misinformation is caused by having it say Gothic Metal, which they most certainly do not play.
- I too find Moonspell very hard to categorize, but this quarell must come to an end. If you go to www.moonspell.com you can read the "Nocturnal Mourning Tour" ad which states "gothic metal kings"! It sounds pretty official to me. Nightshade.pt 22:05, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
- I'm sick of this constant edit war. I changed the genre to "debated". Here you have some sources (mostly stating that they are gothic metal + black metal)
- They also have some strong Gothic Rock elements to a lot of their songs ala Fields of the Nephilim.JanderVK (talk) 13:46, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
Being a metal band, I dunno why are there only AMG reviews for all the Moonspell albums (in their separated pages, I mean). Is AMG the only "professional review" we can link to? Why not metalstorm.ee , metal-observer.com , metalreviews.com , etc... I mean, metal records should be reviewed by metal reviewers, not mainstream ones, right?! Prolly they aren't considered professional reviews, but only a peer will understand what metal is all about. Nightshade.pt 11:20, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, I guess we can add those reviews to the articles. I'll do it later.--Serte 12:06, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
- Fizeste bem Serte:P I just didn't want to do it all by myself and without asking anyone. TY:) Nightshade.pt 23:43, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
- MTV Europe Music Awards 2006 winner of Best Portuguese act.
- Number one on Portuguese top selling records chart on the week of release of Memorial, their last album.
- Touring North America now, with Katatonia in a tour presented by blabbermouth.net
And I'm sure there's much more... What are your concerns exactly?
- The issue is whether the article establishes that notability and, more importantly, that it does so through reliable secondary sources. Awards, top record sales, and major tours will show up in major publications. I do not know what the names you refer to above mean, but I can recognize reliable secondary sources; the issues are interlinked. —Centrx→talk • 18:28, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
- well, but that doesnt make them "symphonic metal", whatever that is. if it did then the arab intro from under the moonspell would make them arab metal,too. Nightshade.pt 15:29, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
The fact that niclas played session bass in the recording of one album doesn't make him part of the band, does it? Nightshade.pt 14:13, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- Yes it actually, does. Etelävuori even said in interview (if i remember it as right) that, he's still a member of band. Noisis
The box at the bottom of the page must be reviewed. IMHO it should state the same as the "discography" section of the main page, which is far more acurrate. Nightshade.pt 15:29, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- 11. Links to blogs, personal web pages and most fansites, except those written by a recognized authority. (This exception for blogs, etc., controlled by recognized authorities is meant to be very limited; as a minimum standard, recognized authorities always meet Wikipedia's notability criteria for people.)
This page is abit outdated, moonspell have signed with napalm records and are already working on the new album, both napalm records' official site and moonspell's official facebook confirm this.126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:14, 4 January 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Moonspell. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.rockul.info/band_moonspell_en.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090301004005/http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115161 to http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115161
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120202025041/http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=167451 to http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=167451
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140808235907/http://www.metalsludge.tv/?p=30341 to http://www.metalsludge.tv/?p=30341
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.