- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: no consensus. Jenks24 (talk) 07:01, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
No religion → No religion (disambiguation) – This page should be moved so that the term can be redirected to Irreligion. Neither atheism nor agnosticism can properly be charaterized by this phrase (one is directed towards a specific aspect of religion, and the other can be used generally, for political or cultural positions, for example); the Constitutional provision is a partial title match, and the song has no article. bd2412 T 19:19, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
- Opppose the term "no religion" has been used to mean atheism and agnosticism, and secularity, etc, so a disambiguation page is best. -- 184.108.40.206 (talk) 05:35, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose. I don't think the semantic distinctions bd2412 suggests are so obvious and combined with the complete lack of any true primary topic a disambiguation page seems the best option. older ≠ wiser 12:21, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I would suggest that, once the nonexistent song and the partial title match are removed, the remaining terms are WP:DABCONCEPT to Irreligion, which discusses both Atheism and Agnosticism in its first paragraph as types of irreligion. bd2412 T 14:54, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- You have a good point about the concept -- there are many more varieties of "no religion" that could be listed here. However, the song is hardly "nonexistent. If this is changed to a redirect, a hatnote would be appropriate for the target. older ≠ wiser 18:52, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Oops, I meant non-notable, not non-existent. I agree, of course, that a redirect hatnote would be in order. bd2412 T 20:28, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.