- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: This WP:SNOWed, closing early (non-admin closure) — Andy W. (talk) 21:57, 25 October 2016 (UTC)
Nya (Javanese) → ꦚ – WP:TSC – Pppery 00:00, 20 October 2016 (UTC)
- This is a contested technical request (permalink). Pppery 00:40, 20 October 2016 (UTC)
- What I'm trying to say is that we don't use the script as it is written, but the latin version of it. You say that WP:TSC applies, but as Jona said these characters are not supported by all the systems, so "Characters not supported on all browsers (avoid them): If there is a reasonable alternative, avoid [them]" applies. © Tbhotch™ (en-2.5). 01:55, 20 October 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose. Not only is Javanese not necessarily supported on all browsers, but an unofficial survey of browsers found on my computer shows that it is formatted terribly even where it is technically supported. If that stops being true in the future, then the Javanese script articles should be moved at that time. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:11, 20 October 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose. Even if more computers rendered this properly, “ꦚ” would not be the English name of this letter (WP:UE). Gorobay (talk) 14:47, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.