|WikiProject Mexico||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
Major Work Needed
I don't know where to begin. The History section is almost completely consumed by an involved discussion of Mayan cross symbolism that does not belong in this article at all. The "Tourism, ecotourism, and globalization" section appears to primarily be a rant about globalization. There is little or no material here about geography, indigenous flora/fauna, economy, political divisions, effects of Hurricane Wilma (October, 2005), etc. --Nolandda (talk) 21:43, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
Very true! I took a small step hopefully in that direction and rearranged the "Geopolitics" section. It's not adjacent to the History section and I updated the information about the state's governors. I wasn't sure about the "Narco-Political Subdivision" reference, so I suggested a citation should be added. I never heard of that term, and my searches didn't find anything. Ometecuhtli2001 (talk) 21:10, 28 October 2009 (UTC)
- It appears that this article had a "History" section until the middle of March 2010 when some school kids in Beaumont, Texas deleted it. It has been missing ever since that time. I suspect restoring it might be helpful. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:20, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
I've booked tickets. Should I still go? Is it safe? I've been eating bacon and read that helps your immunity. any truth? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:50, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
Population of Cancun
What is the source for the 1 million population of Cancun? This seems to have been added by the person who added the misinformation that statehood was granted after Cancun's development. -- Infrogmation 18:51, 6 Aug 2003 (UTC)
prease correct the guy's name to Felix Gonzalez Canto
Impact of Hurricane Katrina
Does anyone want to write about the impact of Katrina on the Quintana Roo area?
A more charitable interpretation of the users question might be that he/she meant to ask about the impact of Hurricane Wilma which struck in October 2005. This MSNBC Article discusses some of the effects. --Nolandda (talk) 21:43, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
Will a knowledgeable person kindly add some sources for the following assertions? Otherwise, most of this paragraph will have to be removed. Sincerely, GeorgeLouis 20:14, 30 October 2006 (UTC)
- During the 1990s, Quintana Roo was governed by Mario E. Villanueva Madrid. His administration was alleged to be so corrupt it developed relations with drug traffickers in Colombia. By 1998 the state had become the first "Narco-Political Subdivision" in Mexico. Villanueva was such a problem for Mexican-American relations that the Mexican Government of Ernesto Zedillo began seeking indictments against Villanueva once the governor left office in 1999. Villanueva fled the country but was finally arrested and returned to Mexican soil to face justice in 2001. Since that time Quintana Roo has recovered and has become an ever more popular tourist destination.
That paragraph is not well written. The last line in particular gives the impression that before 1998, Cancun and the resort cities in the state weren't popular, which just isn't true. The last line should probably be re-written or deleted. 11:28, 22 August 2007 (UTC) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
Request for updated municipality map
Biotic situation of the Yucatán Peninsula
Biotic situation of the Yucatán Peninsula
I am in Quintana Roo at the moment, and the locals do not point to Hurricane Dean (2007) as the great destructive weather event, but rather to Hurricane Wilma (2005) that according to Wikipedia articles was more intense and did far more damage to life and property than Hurricane Dean. See, for example . I don't have the sources to make an edit to the article, but I suggest that the wrong hurricane is featured in the opening.Dr. Conspiracy (talk) 13:13, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Quintana Roo. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20120311141056/http://www.geohive.com/cntry/subspop/mx-pop.aspx to http://www.geohive.com/cntry/subspop/mx-pop.aspx
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/6EjXaEdST to http://www.inegi.gob.mx/est/contenidos/espanol/sistemas/conteo2005/localidad/iter/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.