Talk:Revelation (Third Day album)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Revelation (Third Day album) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Revelation (Third Day album) has been listed as one of the Music good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Revelation (Third Day album) is the main article in the Revelation (Third Day album) series, a good topic. This is identified as among the best series of articles produced by the Wikipedia community. If you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Revelation (Third Day album)/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- It is reasonably well written.
- It is factually accurate and verifiable.
- It is broad in its coverage.
- a (major aspects): b (focused):
- It follows the neutral point of view policy.
- Fair representation without bias:
- It is stable.
- No edit wars, etc.:
- It is illustrated by images, where possible and appropriate.
On style the only thing that keeps me from passing it is the composition section. With the heavy use of quotes and mid-sentence citations the section ends up looking rather messy. Moving citations to the ends of sentences and paraphrasing more would resolve my only noteworthy concerns.
As far as neutrality, I think the composition section also has some problem in that it throws in several glowing comments when it should be focusing on the style and structure of the music. Words such as "haunting", "well-crafted", "smartly", and "impressive" should probably not be included in that section, even though they appear in quotes. I think you should keep that section focused on composition and leave words of praise from critics for the reception section.
On the reception section, I would like to see a little more of the problems reviewers have. Right now it mostly includes praise with one criticism, though I note this source in the article includes some more criticism. You could probably just include the critical comments from that source as well to sufficiently balance the section.
Given the amount of work done on this article, I imagine the above issues will not be too hard to fix so I am putting a final review on hold so the suggested changes can be made.--The Devil's Advocate (talk) 15:12, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- Alright, those comments make sense — I've removed most of those "glowing" comments and moved many of the references to the back of the sentence. I've also paraphrased a few bit. On the reviews, I added the concern listed on the JFH review. Toa Nidhiki05 18:55, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- That was a quick response. :) With those changes I think this easily meets Good Article status. You have a well-written and comprehensive summary in the lede, and that pretty much sums up how the rest of the article is handled. Everything seems to be verified with appropriate citations and is sufficiently balanced. So I will say this passes the criteria now. Overall, I think this is even pretty close to Featured Article quality, though I would suggest doing more paraphrasing as several sections rely heavily on quotes and you should also expand the awards subsection before trying an FA review.--The Devil's Advocate (talk) 19:33, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Revelation (Third Day album). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/reviews/2008/revelation.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.