|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Sources for development of this article may be located at|
Why are there two conflicting definitions of software development in the introduction? Either two separate viewpoints should be described with rationale for each one, or one definition should be chosen. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 09:41, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
Merge in of Software development methodology
- Oppose This article is already too long. The other article is a stand-alone. Walter Görlitz (talk) 15:23, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
- Note The software development process article still claims that the merge will go to software development.
* Oppose There are two distinct topics here. Programming (which you can do alone) and Process. We need a page that managers can come to read, because process is in their domain of expertise. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:02, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- Support I think at 10K this article is actually too short. Its only content is a summary of software development methodology, including the activities and approaches described in (slightly too much) detail there, and a section on the role of marketing in software development. It doesn't make much sense to me to have an overview in this article and then all the details that support that overview in a different article. -- Beland (talk) 16:28, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: This article describes roughly what software development is in a very high-level, incomplete, partial, superficial and not very structured manner, whereas the other article also focuses more in describing the different methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc), and thus is more useful for people studying, for example, computer science. I think software development and software development process can be two distinct articles, but they could definitely be improved, and be more focused and structured in describing respectively what software development and a software development process are. Moreover, the article software development process could be a sub-article of software development, since, indeed, in the field of software development there are different models, processes, or whatever way you want to call these methodologies, used to develop software. Nbro (talk) 14:52, 20 February 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Software development. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120218104409/http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/projects/devglossary/_case.html to http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/projects/devglossary/_case.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051122063850/http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/projects/devglossary/ to http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/projects/devglossary/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.