|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Numerous sources note Tim as a vegan, and it is assumed he is. However, in two interviews one at Unraveling's release and the other at Siren Song's release have stated he is vegetarian going vegan. Can anyone find a source dated after this one: http://www.miramag.com/2007/interview-with-tim-mcilrath-of-rise-against/ that states he is in fact vegan, not vegetarian-going-vegan? He's even listed as vegan in wikipedia's LIST OF VEGANS, but I think that's assumed, not accurate. So, yea. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:44, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
In an interview you can find here: http://www.punknews.org/article/5272 Tim says he has been snowboarding twice with Brandon, Rise Against's drummer, so the thing about him never having been snowboarding is incorrect, and I'm removing it.
Hasent rise against been clasified as punk rock? I belive it has so would that make him a punk rock singer/artist.
I have a picture of his eyes but I am not sure where to put it or how to make it correctly show up. I have the image in PhotoBucket and it is just a picture from the "Ready to Fall" music video but would still serve it's point. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/DarkAce7/TimMcIlrathEyes.jpg
- Nevermind, I'll put one of my own up soon. $cammer 01:46, 19 June 2006 (UTC)
Someone put a ===D penis at the bottom of the page.. Keep that new pic of him, it's freakin' awesome
There is a two or three second piece of him where you can see the two colors (Green and Blue I believe) in their latest video, "Re-Education (Through Labor)" off of their new album Appeal to Reason (Oct 7, 2008). The video is on Youtube and at about 1:56 you see the clip.22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:10, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
Anyone else think he kinda looks like a skinny Chuck Norris lately?
Per the merger discussed at Talk:Baxter (band), this is the text from that article:
- Baxter, the post hardcore. Their music - a vital piece of Chicago punk-rock history. For those who aren't familiar, the Baxter sound would perhaps be best labeled as post-hardcore, sometimes comparable to bands such as Fugazi, At The Drive-In, and Chicago's own Cap'n Jazz. Their aesthetic value, however, can not be put into such simple verbiage. By the time these boys crept onto the Chicago underground scene in the late 90's` their full-length cassette "Troy's Bucket" (1996) encountered a warm reception all around Chicago and sales warranted immediate re-duplication. More frequent shows in the city and modest nation-wide touring ensued. In 1997, the band released the 7-inch "Lost Voices..." on Static Station Recordings.
- In November of '97, Baxter played the sold-out Slapstick reunion show at the Fireside Bowl in Chicago. The reaction they received rivaled that of the legendary headliners. They broke up and went on to form the bands Rise Against, The Lawrence Arms and The Killing Tree.
- In 2002, Will Not Clear Man records re-released "Troy's Bucket", "Lost Voices..." and several other previously unrealeased demos and one live song on CD. The two-disc complete discography is entitled simply "Baxter".
I only merged the disc information, as most of the above is POV purple prose like "such simple verbiage" or unverifiable claims about reception or sales. The claim about "nation-wide touring" which would qualify the band under WP:MUSIC is refuted by McIlrath, who says here
- Tim: I played in a band called Baxter. We never really did anything outside of Chicago. So we were just a local band.
FYI - baxter DID in fact tour nationally w/ The Broadways (brendan+chris from the larry arms old band) they also did a small stint w/ lesser known NYMB
OK does anyone know for a FACT how old he is. Because i dont know if he was born in 1978 or 1980 or whatever but its pretty important, so if you know for a fact then get a refrence or whatever and put it. For know well keep it as 1978. P.S. It sucks if hes that old...jkHowl5 23:08, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
Being born in 1978 does not make you old!!
HaHa I know I'm kidding. Howl5 21:17, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
I don't know how this would fit in, but somebody needs to put in how grateful he always is to his fans. How he's a really down-to-earth kinda guy. And really nice, too. 126.96.36.199 15:46, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
A series of people have been adding McIlrath to this list, but per WP:BLP, he can't stay without a reliable source to cite. I looked around without success, which is why I thought I'd post here, to see whether anyone has an off-line magazine article or an interview verifying the info. -Hit bull, win steak(Moo!) 14:33, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- agreed, I'll remove these kind of references until there is a more reliable source like a small clip from television show or a printed source.--Dark paladin x (talk) 11:50, 1 June 2008 (UTC)
this page kinda lack some sources here.--Dark paladin x 02:17, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
This page is pretty much mindless jabber. Look at it. It's poorly formatted, it has ZERO cited sources, and it's all conjecture and hearsay. Observe:
"He is known for his versatile voice, and is able to sing softly, or an all out scream. He is also a competent guitarist; during Rise Against's time without a second guitarist, McIlrath filled this role alone."
Whoever wrote this, good job sir. You might as well have written "I <3 RISE AGAINST OLOL" since there's no factual basis to this. This is Wikipedia, not MySpace. 188.8.131.52 20:24, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
In Generation Lost, it clearly states that Tim is not married to Erin, unless something has changed since that show...--.simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're alive. (talk) 03:06, 22 February 2008 (UTC)
Tim in this video refers to Erin as his wife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-v4unwTV8U April, 2008. He is married. —Preceding unsigned comment added by OhDoTell (talk • contribs) 04:24, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
I can personally assert that Tim isn't straight edge, as one time my brother and his friend were lucky enough to hang out with Rise before a show, and everyone (including Tim) were drinking. Considering it wasn't mentioned anywhere else in the article, nor were any sources cited, I took it out. —Preceding unsigned comment added by BrianRecchia (talk • contribs) 22:57, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
in the categories says he's christian —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 04:00, 17 August 2010 (UTC) Is he christian? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:55, 20 November 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Tim McIlrath. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://riseagainst.com/player/default.aspx?mid=3460
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=12668
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.