Talk:1954 United States Capitol shooting incident
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|A fact from this article was featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the On this day... section on March 1, 2014.|
I thought this incedent happened March 4, 1954 and didn't President Jimmy Carter parden them.
- First of all, you should remember to sign these pages so people can talk to you if they need to. Second, according to this article, it was on the 1st and it says that "President Carter freed the Puerto Ricans in 1979 after they had served 25 years in prison. Although the Carter White House denied any connection, their release coincided with Fidel Castro's release of several Americans being held in Cuba on espionage charges." --Ricky81682 07:42, Nov 12, 2004 (UTC)
- True; the incident is described in the Congressional Record entry for the day, 1 March 1954. I've personally read it. Demf 02:38, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- Umm...while it is true that Carter was not president in 1954, neither was Harry Truman. -Grammaticus Repairo 05:44, 11 October 2006 (UTC)
"who shot thirty rounds of a Luger and automatic pistol" IMO "they shot thirty rounds using automatic pistols" is beter suted as a Luger is an Automatic pistol.
Apparently there is a photo of the pages carrying Rep. Bently out of the line of fire, which is now hung somewhere in the Capitol. I've heard that it's rather famous, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I think it'd make a good adition to this article.
Sources and citations added
Reduce "See also" list
This article is not about the entire history of the Puerto Rican Independence Movement, nor about the history of the Nationalist Party. It is inappropriate to list all the 19thc. leaders, all the male and female members of the Nationalist Party, as well as articles and people who have already been referenced in the article with wikilinks. Please stick to the topic of each article.Parkwells (talk) 16:02, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
Add results of plebiscite
All articles about the assassination attempt of Truman, the 1950s revolts, and the independence movement lack the fact that in a plebiscite, the people voted in 1952 by nearly 82% in favor of the constitution for the "Free Associated State". I will be adding this with cite.Parkwells (talk) 17:13, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
Biased in favor of attackers, in need of more neutral editing.
This page and the pages on the individual shooters appear to be heavily biased in their favor. Nothing negative at all is said about them, and the attack is constantly referenced as an incident of Puerto Ricans rebelling against an oppressive power. If you look at any other article which involves an attack on government officials, the attackers are almost always described negatively. Does it really make sense to have individuals who committed a mass shooting described in such a positive way, instead of being described as terrorists? They were certainly attempting assassinations, but even that term seems to be lacking on the pages. I really think someone needs to go over all the pages associated with the attack. Describing the attackers in a positive light is one thing, but constantly referring to them in a positive manner without any content describing the attack in a negative manner is another thing entirely — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2602:306:C463:2550:B570:DEE5:22A6:8042 (talk) 20:21, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on 1954 United States Capitol shooting incident. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131101090251/http://www.pr-secretfiles.net/binders/SJ-100-3_23_023_157.pdf to http://www.pr-secretfiles.net/binders/SJ-100-3_23_023_157.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100620063243/http://centropr.org/faids/reynoldsf.html to http://www.centropr.org/faids/reynoldsf.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.