|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Book of Júk
- "Mention hath been made in certain books of a deluge which caused all that existed on earth, historical records as well as other things, to be destroyed. Moreover, many cataclysms have occurred which have effaced the traces of many events. Furthermore, among existing historical records differences are to be found, and each of the various peoples of the world hath its own account of the age of the earth and of its history. Some trace their history as far back as eight thousand years, others as far as twelve thousand years. To any one that hath read the book of Jük it is clear and evident how much the accounts given by the various books have differed."
History, Authorship and Time Period of Yoga Vashishtha
Can somebody provide more scholarly opinions about the author and time period of Yogavashishta? What do the Western scholar say about this book's author and time period? Any clues would be very helpful for this article. Thanks.--Internet Scholar (talk) 18:04, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
According to Agniakash, the Yoga Vasistha describes time travel (diff1 diff2). A Sanskrit text will not suffice as a source for this, since it is unverifiable, unless one can read Sanskrit (I can't). There are other sources, though:
- This 1891 transaltion/2013 edition says in the intro: "[Book III: On Creation] She does tapas to Goddess Saraswati and obtains the boon to have her husband's spirit always with her. She and the goddess astral travel and time travel to see the couple's prior life as simple brahmins"
- This website specifies that the time travel is being mentioned in Book III chapter 15-58, but does not specify which chapter.
- @Joshua Jonathan: It is amazing and flawed WP:OR by @Agniakash. It does not belong in this article. @Agniakash: please read WP:RS and respect wikipedia's content policies. Ms Sarah Welch (talk) 17:32, 12 February 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Yoga Vasistha. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051223133656/http://www.indologie.uni-halle.de/forschung/Moksopaya/pradyumna.htm to http://www.indologie.uni-halle.de/forschung/Moksopaya/pradyumna.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.