Tanjong Katong MRT station
|Future Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station|
|Location||2 Amber Road |
|Owned by||Land Transport Authority|
|Operated by||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
|Platforms||2 (2 stacked platforms)|
The station will be built underneath the intersection of Tanjong Katong Road South and Amber Road.
Tanjong Katong MRT station is a fully underground mass rapid transit station with three station access points. Located below Amber Road and Tanjong Katong Road South, the station is near private residential properties such as Aalto, Amber Skye and King's Mansion. Just like Katong Park MRT station, there were also space constraints at the construction site. So the station would be built in a stacked platform arrangement like Promenade MRT station and Stevens MRT station.
On 15 August 2014, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced that Tanjong Katong (then named 'Amber') station would be part of the proposed Thomson East-Coast line (TEL). The station will be constructed as part of Phase 4, consisting of 8 stations between Founders' Memorial and Bayshore, and is expected to be completed in 2024.
Contract T306 for the design and construction of Amber Station was awarded to Woh Hup (Private) Limited at a sum of S$146 million on April 2016. Construction began in 2016, with completion in 2024.
- "LTA | News Room | News Releases | Finalised Station Names for Thomson-East Coast Line (East Coast Stretch) and Downtown Line 3 Extension". www.lta.gov.sg. Archived from the original on 22 April 2020. Retrieved 22 April 2020.
- "Stages of Thomson-East Coast Line". Land Transport Authority. 15 August 2014. Archived from the original on 17 August 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Joint News Release by the Land Transport Authority & Singapore Land Authority - Thomson-East Coast Line: New MRT Links in the East | Press Room | Land Transport Authority". www.lta.gov.sg. 19 August 2014. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- "LTA | Upcoming Projects | Rail Expansion | Thomson-East Coast Line". www.lta.gov.sg. 13 February 2020. Archived from the original on 25 December 2019. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- "LTA | News Room | News Releases | LTA Awards Two Contracts for Thomson-East Coast Line's Amber and Bedok South Stations". www.lta.gov.sg. Archived from the original on 13 February 2020. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- Abdullah, Zhaki (28 April 2016). "LTA awards contracts for Amber and Bedok South stations on Thomson-East Coast line". The Straits Times. Retrieved 8 January 2021.
- "Written Reply by Minister for Transport Ong Ye Kung to Parliamentary Question on Updates on Thomson East Coast Line, Jurong Region Line and Cross Island Line". Land Transport Authority. Retrieved 17 May 2021.